Higham Parish Council
Agenda for the July 2006 Parish Council Meeting
[ Back to Meeting Dates | Home Page ]
PARISH COUNCIL MEETING, MONDAY 3rd JULY 2006 AT 7.30 P.M. IN ST JOHN'S CHURCH HALL
1. To receive apologies for absence.
2. To update the Register of Members Interests.
3. To welcome Dr. John Grace who will update Members regarding the recent "Heartsave" campaign
and ask for suggestions regarding the siting of the new defibrillator in the village outside of surgery
4. To welcome Sarah Port , a member of the Response Team for the Kent Community Wardens, who
is at present covering the Higham area.
5. To confirm and sign the minutes of the Annual Parish Council Meeting, and Parish Council Meeting,
held on Monday, 8 th May 2006.
6. Matters arising from the Minutes.
7. Parishioners' Matters.
8. To finalise arrangements for the 2006 Higham Gardens for Pleasure Competition.
9. To discuss the current vacancy on the Parish Council.
10. To receive a report from the Meeting of Parish Chairmen held on 26/6.
11. To receive a report from the Joint Transportation Board Meeting held on 14/6.
12. Councillors' Matters: County / Borough / Parish.
To note the following planning applications:-
Appln. no. 20060346, Appln. no. 20060349, Appln. no. 20060414,
Appln. no. 20060385, Appln. no. 20060473 Appln. no. 20060496,
Appln. no. 20060500, Appln. no. 20060480, Appln. no. 20060507.
c. Memorial Hall.
d. Multi-Purpose Games Area.
e. Recreation Ground.
f. Parish Environment Committee.
h. Governors of Higham School .
i. Merston Court .
j. Higham Youth Club.
k. Chalk Liaison Group.
l. Rural Housing.
To receive the quarterly financial statement for the period 1/4/06 to 30/6/06 (TO FOLLOW
AFTER THE END OF THE MONTH).
To endorse the following payment:-
Higham with Merston PCC Restoration Fund (Sect. 137/139 grant - Church) 250.00
(RE-ISSUE OF CHEQUE WITH CORRECT DETAILS)
To approve the following payments:-
Southern Water (water - allotments) 27.35
MCB Property Services (re-instatement of Dickens sign) 857.75
Terry Morris (repairs to Dickens sign) 199.75
J.L.Wright Ltd. (repairs to picnic tables to Recreation Ground) 293.75
The Millbrook Garden Company (Garden Gift Tokens) 60.00
Clerk's salary (1/4/06 - 30/6/06 - new rate) 1248.00
Expenses - use of room as office (1/4/06 - 30/6/06) 227.50
To record in the Minutes the following proposal:-
"This Council in accordance with its powers under Sections 137 and 139 of the Local
Government Act 1972, should incur an expenditure of £ 60 for garden gift tokens from
the Millbrook Garden Company, which is in the opinion of the Council in the interests
of the area or its inhabitants".
16. To note the date of the next Parish Council Meeting - Monday, 11th September 2006 at 7.30 p.m.
in St. John's Church Hall.17. Any Other Business.
[ Back to Meeting Dates |Home Page ]
Contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website comments or queries? Email the Webmaster: Webmaster@higham-kent-pc.gov.uk
Last Revised - 17 July 2006
Web site design and creation by
Copyright © Higham Parish Council 2005 - 2006