Higham Parish Council
Agendas for the May 2008 Parish Council Meetings
[ Back to: Meeting Dates | Home Page ]
The Annual Parish Council Meeting will be held at the Memorial Hall, School Lane, on Monday, 12th May 2008 at 7.30 p.m., and will be followed by a Parish Council Meeting.
ANNUAL PARISH COUNCIL MEETING.
1. To elect a Chairman.
2. To receive the signed Declaration of Acceptance of Office, form from the Chairman
3. To elect a Vice Chairman.
4. To elect the following:-
a. 2 Members of the Allotment Committee.
b. 3 Members of the Recreation Committee.
c. The Planning Committee (11 Members).
d. 6 Members of the Parish Environment Committee.
e. The Budget and Finance Committee (11 Members).
f. 3 Members of the Parish Newsletter Committee.
g. The Higham Gardens for Pleasure Committee (11 Members).
5. To appoint the following representatives:-
a. 2 representatives for the K.A.P.C.
b. 1 representative for the Memorial Hall Management Committee.
c. 2 representatives for the Local Transport Advisory Committee (also the Village Transport
d. 1 representative for Merston Court Day Centre.
e. 2 representatives for G.R.O.W.C.
f. 1 representative for the Multi-Purpose Sports Facility.
g. 2 representatives for the Higham Youth Club.
h. 1 representative for C.P.R.E.
i. 1 representative for the Governing Body of Higham Primary School (CLLR. JAMES)
j. 2 representatives for the Police Advisory Committee.
k. 2 representatives for the Chalk Liaison Group.
l. 1 representative to act as Press Officer for the Parish Council.
m. 1 representative for Rural Housing.
6. Vote of thanks to the Chairman for serving refreshments at Parish Council Meetings.
PARISH COUNCIL MEETING.
1. To adopt standing orders in their present form, including amendments for the Annual Parish
Assembly, financial regulations and delegated powers for the Planning Committee.
2. To receive apologies for absence.
3. To update the Register of Members ' Interests.
4. To confirm and sign the Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting, held on Monday, 7th April
5. Matters arising from the Minutes.
6. Parishioners' Matters.
7. Matters arising from this year's Annual Parish Assembly.
8. To finalise arrangements for the 2008 Higham Gardens for Pleasure Competition.
9. To arrange dates for Parish Council Meetings in 2009.
10. Councillors' Matters: County / Borough / Parish.
a. To note the following planning applications:-
Appln. no. 20080279, Appln. no. 20080274, Appln. no. 20080276,
Appln. no. 20080354, Appln. no. 20080356, Appln. no. 20080357,
Appln. no. 20080351, Appln. no. 20080377.
c. Memorial Hall.
d. Multi-Purpose Games Area.
e. Recreation Ground.
f. Parish Environment Committee.
h. Governors of Higham School.
i. Merston Court.
j. Higham Youth Club.
k. Chalk Liaison Group.
l. Rural Housing.
To endorse the following payments:-
Administration Expenses (1/1/08 – 31/3/08) 616.18
British Telecommunications plc (broadband) 114.78
The Mayor’s Charity Fund (proceeds of 2 concerts) 1500.00
To approve the following payments:-
C.P.R.E. (2008 subscription) 28.00
Mrs J.M.Papadopulos (APA costs under Section 150(2) of L.G.Act 1972) 41.40
Spectra Press (2008 Newsletter – VAT zero rated) 1083.00
H.M.Revenue and Customs (Employer National Insurance liability-Clerk’s salary) 325.55
Gravesham Borough Council (printing) 10.93
Gravesham Borough Council (printing) 16.76
M.J.Read and Co. (annual accounts and internal control) 329.00
13. To approve the Annual Return for Local Councils in England and Wales for the year ended 31st
14. To approve the revised Risk Assessment document.
16. To note the date of the next Parish Council Meeting - Monday, 7th July 2008 at 7.30 p.m.
17. Any Other Business.
[ Back to: Meeting Dates |Home Page ]
Contact us by email: email@example.com
Website comments or queries?
Email the Webmaster: Webmaster@higham-kent-pc.gov.uk
Last Revised - 12 May 2008
Web site design and creation by
Copyright © 2005 - 2008 Higham Parish Council