Higham Parish Council
Agenda for the April 2009 Parish Council Meeting
[ Back to: Meeting Dates | Home Page ]
PARISH COUNCIL MEETING, MONDAY 6th APRIL 2009 AT 7.30 P.M.
IN THE MEMORIAL HALL, SCHOOL LANE, HIGHAM
1. To receive apologies for absence.
2. To update the Register of Members Interests.
3. To confirm and sign the minutes of the Parish Council Meeting, held on Monday, 23rd February 2009.
4. Matters arising from the Minutes.
5. Parishioners' Matters.
6. To finalise arrangements for the 2009 Annual Parish Assembly.
7. To discuss judging arrangements for the 2009 Higham Gardens for Pleasure Competition.
8. To review and approve the risk assessment document.
9. To discuss the feasibility of undertaking a Village Design Statement.
10. Councillors' Matters: County / Borough / Parish.
To note the following planning applications:-
Appln. no. 20090098, Appln. no. 20090129, Appln. no. 20090144,
Appln. no. 20090145, Appln. no. 20090149, Appln. no. 20090159,
Appln. no. 20090176, Appln. no. 20090178, Appln. no. 20090203.
c. Memorial Hall.
d. Multi-Purpose Games Area.
e. Recreation Ground.
f. Parish Environment Committee.
h. Governors of Higham School.
i. Merston Court.
j. Higham Youth Club.
k. Chalk Liaison Group.
l. Rural Housing.
n. Kent Community Warden.
To receive the quarterly financial statement for the period 1/1/09 – 31/3/09 (TO FOLLOW)
To approve the following payments:-
1st Higham Scouts (Sect. 137/139 grant – newsletter delivery) 75.00
Lesley Topping (food for APA – Sect.150(2)L.G.Act 1972) 180.00
St. John’s College Cambridge (½ year rent for R.G.) 125.00
K.A.L.C. (2009 subscription and Local Council Review) 1082.52
NALC (Local Council Review) 54.00
J. A. Stanley (preparation of 2009 newsletter) 243.40
Clerk’s salary (1/1/09 – 31/3/09 – net amount) 1775.83
HM Revenue and Customs ( PAYE/NI (employer/employee) 808.43
Admin Exps. (1/10/08 – 31/12/08) 934.00
Expenses – use of room as office (1/1/09 – 31/3/09) 227.50
Higham Guides (Sect. 137/139 grant) 100.00
Higham Rainbows (Sect. 137/139 grant) 100.00
Age Concern (Sect. 137/139 grant) 325.00
St John’s Church (Sect. 137/139 grant) 300.00
Youth Club (Sect.137/139 grant) 100.00
Educational sponsorship to Bolivia 100.00
Mrs L.M. Carnall (laser printer and toner) 157.01
Clive Stanley (webmaster services 31/12/08-25/3/09) 77.00
To review the Clerk’s salary w.e.f. 1/4/09
To review the Youth Leader’s salary w.e.f 1/4/09
To review allotment rents w.e.f. 1/4/09
13. Correspondence (LIST TO FOLLOW)
14. To note the date of the 2010 Annual Parish Assembly – Thursday, 15th April 2010.
15. To note the date of the next Parish Council Meetings:-
Annual Parish Assembly – Thursday, 16th April 2009 at 7.30 p.m.
Annual Parish Council Meeting and Parish Council Meeting – Monday, 11th May 2009 at 7.30 p.m.
16. Any Other Business.
DATES FOR PARISH COUNCIL MEETINGS IN 2009.
Mondays:- 6th July, 7th September, 12th October, 9th November (Budget and Finance only) and 30th November (Christmas Meeting with the Mayor of Gravesham).
The Annual Parish Assembly will be held on Thursday, 16th April.
[ Back to: Meeting Dates |Home Page ]
Contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website comments or queries?
Email the Webmaster: Webmaster@higham-kent-pc.gov.uk
Last Revised - 03 April 2009
Web site design and creation by
Copyright © 2005 - 2009 Higham Parish Council