Higham Parish Council
Agenda for the July 2009 Parish Council Meeting
[ Back to: Meeting Dates | Home Page ]
PARISH COUNCIL MEETING, MONDAY 6th JULY 2009 AT 7.30 P.M.
IN THE MEMORIAL HALL, SCHOOL LANE, HIGHAM
To welcome PC. Steve Ridley of the North Kent Traffic Management Unit of Kent Police to discuss traffic management issues in Higham.
1. To receive apologies for absence.
2. To update the Register of Members’ Interests.
3. To receive inspection reports for Parish property and amenities.
4. To confirm and sign the minutes of the Annual Parish Council Meeting, and Parish Council Meeting, held on Monday, 11th May 2009.
5. Matters arising from the Minutes.
6. Parishioners' Matters.
7. To finalise arrangements for the 2009 Higham Gardens for Pleasure Competition.
8. To assess the changes that were made to the administration of the Planning Committee.
9. To further discuss future bus service provision to Higham.
10. Councillors' Matters: County / Borough / Parish.
To note the following planning applications:-
Appln. no. 20090343, Appln. no. 20090381, Appln. no. 20090403,
Appln. no. 20090144, Appln. no. 20090145. Appln. no. 20090500.
c. Memorial Hall.
d. Multi-Purpose Games Area.
e. Recreation Ground.
f. Parish Environment Committee.
h. Governors of Higham School.
i. Merston Court.
j. Higham Youth Club.
k. Chalk Liaison Group.
l. Rural Housing.
n. Kent Community Warden.
To receive the quarterly financial statement for the period 1/4/09 – 30/6/09. (TO FOLLOW)
To endorse the following payments:-
Joanne Raff (Youth Work Provider Agreement ) 246.00
Medway Towns Band (Friday Night at the Proms event) 300.00
SJAB (S137/139 donation for first aid cover) 100.00
To approve the following payments:-
The Millbrook Garden Company (Garden Gift Tokens) 60.00
Clerk’s salary (net amount 1/4/09 – 30/6/09) 1770.88
Use of room as office (1/4/09 – 30/6/09) 227.50
H.M. Revenue and Customs (Clerk’s PAYE / N.I (Employer/Employee)) 684.32
Clive Stanley (webmaster services) 105.00
Allianz Insurance (additional premium) 145.91
To record in the Minutes the following proposal:-
“This Council in accordance with its powers under Sections 137 and 139 of the Local Government Act 1972, should incur an expenditure of £60 for garden gift tokens from the Millbrook Garden Company, which is in the opinion of the Council in the interests of the area or its inhabitants”.
13. Correspondence.(TO FOLLOW)
14. To note the date of the next Parish Council Meeting – Monday, 7th September 2009 at 7.30 p.m.
15. Any Other Business.
DATES FOR PARISH COUNCIL MEETINGS IN 2009.
Mondays:- 6th July, 7th September, 12th October, 9th November (Budget and Finance only) and 30th November (Christmas Meeting with the Mayor of Gravesham).
The Annual Parish Assembly will be held on Thursday, 16th April.
[ Back to: Meeting Dates |Home Page ]
Contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website comments or queries?
Email the Webmaster: Webmaster@higham-kent-pc.gov.uk
Last Revised - 05 July 2009
Web site design and creation by
Copyright © 2005 - 2009 Higham Parish Council