Higham Parish Council
Agenda for the May 2009 Parish Council Meetings
[ Back to: Meeting Dates | Home Page ]
The Annual Parish Council Meeting will be held at the Memorial Hall, School Lane, on Monday, 11th May 2009 at 7.30 p.m., and will be followed by a Parish Council Meeting.
ANNUAL PARISH COUNCIL MEETING.
3. To elect a Vice Chairman.
4. To elect the following:-
a. 3 Members of the Allotment Committee.
b. 3 Members of the Recreation Committee.
c. The Planning Committee (11 Members).
d. 6 Members of the Parish Environment and Conservation Committee.
e. The Budget and Finance Committee (11 Members).
f. 3 Members of the Parish Newsletter Committee.
g. The Higham Gardens for Pleasure Committee (11 Members).
h. 3 Members of The Parish Lighting Committee
5. To appoint the following representatives:-
a. 2 representatives for the K.A.P.C.
b. 1 representative for the Memorial Hall Management Committee.
c. 2 representatives for the Local Transport Advisory Committee (also the Village Transport
d. 1 representative for Merston Court Day Centre.
e. 2 representatives for G.R.O.W.C.
f. 1 representative for the Multi-Purpose Sports Facility.
g. 2 representatives for the Higham Youth Club.
h. 1 representative for C.P.R.E.
i. 1 representative for the Governing Body of Higham Primary School (CLLR. JAMES)
j. 2 representatives for the Police Advisory Committee.
k. 2 representatives for the Chalk Liaison Group.
l. 1 representative to act as Press Officer for the Parish Council.
m. 1 representative for Rural Housing.
6. Vote of thanks to the Chairman and Anne Carroll for serving refreshments at Parish Council
PARISH COUNCIL MEETING.
To welcome Rebecca Blackburn, of the Emergency Planning Group of Kent County Council, to discuss the community self help plan template.
1. To adopt standing orders in their present form, including amendments for the Annual Parish
Assembly, financial regulations and delegated powers for the Planning Committee.
2. To receive apologies for absence.
3. To update the Register of Members’ Interests.
4. To receive inspection reports for Parish property and amenities.
5. To confirm and sign the Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting, held on Monday, 6th April
6. Matters arising from the Minutes.
7. Parishioners' Matters.
8. Matters arising from this year's Annual Parish Assembly.
9. To finalise arrangements for the 2009 Higham Gardens for Pleasure Competition.
10. To arrange dates for Parish Council Meetings in 2010.
11. To discuss the feasibility of undertaking a Village Design Statement.
12. Friday Night at the Proms. event.
13. Councillors' Matters: County / Borough / Parish.
a. To note the following planning applications:-
Appln. no. 20070188, Appln. no. 20090257, Appln. no. 20090264,
Appln. no. 20090268, Appln. no. 20090270, Appln. no. 20090295,
Appln. no. 20090290, Appln. no. 20090293.
c. Memorial Hall.
d. Multi-Purpose Games Area.
e. Recreation Ground.
f. Parish Environment Committee.
h. Governors of Higham School.
i. Merston Court.
j. Higham Youth Club.
k. Chalk Liaison Group.
k. Rural Housing.
m. Kent Community Warden.
To endorse the following payments:-
British Telecommunications plc (broadband) 114.69
Joanne Raff (Youth Work Provider Agreement 24 hours) 187.20
Joanne Raff (Youth Work Provider Agreement 24 hours – new rate) 196.80
EDF Energy 1 Ltd (Christmas lighting) 37.99
To approve the following payments:-
C.P.R.E. (2009 subscription) 29.00
Mrs P. Oakeshott (APA costs under Section 150(2) of L.G.Act 1972) 70.16
Spectra Press (2009 Newsletter – VAT zero rated) 1225.00
K.C.P.F.A. (2009 subscription) 20.00
Gravesham Borough Council (printing) 22.08
Gravesham Borough Council (printing) 7.48
Allianz Insurance (renewal premium) 1230.13
1st Higham Scouts (S.137/139 grant – educational visit) 100.00
16. To approve the Annual Return for Local Councils in England and Wales for the year ended 31st
March 2009 (COPY TO BE SENT TO ALL MEMBERS ONCE RECEIVED FROM NIGEL
17. Correspondence (TO FOLLOW).
18. To note the date of the next Parish Council Meeting - Monday, 6th July 2009 at 7.30 p.m.
19. Any Other Business.
[ Back to: Meeting Dates |Home Page ]
Contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website comments or queries?
Email the Webmaster: Webmaster@higham-kent-pc.gov.uk
Last Revised - 09 May 2009
Web site design and creation by
Copyright © 2005 - 2009 Higham Parish Council