Higham Parish Council
Agenda for the Ordinary Parish Council Meeting, July 2010
[ Back to: Meeting Dates | Home Page ]
The Parish Council will meet at the Memorial Hall, School Lane, on Monday, 12th July 2010 at 7.30 p.m
1. To receive apologies for absence.
2. To update the Register of Members’ Interests.
3. To receive inspection reports for Parish property and amenities.
4. To confirm and sign the minutes of the Annual Parish Council Meeting, and Parish Council Meeting, held on Monday, 10th May 2010.
5. Matters arising from the Minutes.
6. Parishioners' Matters.
7. To finalise arrangements for the 2010 Higham Gardens for Pleasure Competition.
8. To evaluate the success of the 2010 Friday Night at the Proms event.
9. To discuss the provision of play and recreational facilities for the village.
10. Councillors' Matters: County / Borough / Parish.
To note the following planning applications:-
Appln. no. 20100431, Appln. no. 20100459, Appln. no. 20100488,
Appln. no. 20100505, Appln. no. 20100534, Appln. no. 20100523,
Appln. no. 20100548, Appln. no. 20100550, Appln. no. 20100514,
Appln. no. 20100578, Appln. no. 20100345.
c. Memorial Hall.
d. Multi-Purpose Games Area.
e. Recreation Ground.
f. Parish Environment Committee.
h. Governors of Higham School.
i. Merston Court.
j. Higham Youth Club.
k. Chalk Liaison Group.
l. Rural Housing
n. Kent Community Warden
o. Kent Police.
To receive the quarterly financial statement for the period 1/4/10 – 30/6/10. (TO FOLLOW)
To endorse the following payments:-
Joanne Raff (Youth Leader – April) 270.00
The Medway Towns Band (Friday Night at the Proms event) 450.00
Mr J. Collins (repair of noticeboards) 250.00
AON Ltd. (renewal premium) 1484.82
Gravesham Borough Council (printing) 70.07
Joanne Raff (Youth Leader – May) 432.00
Joanne Raff (Youth Leader – June) 459.00
Plumbrite (emergency repairs to allotment standpipe) 70.00
To approve the following payments:-
The Millbrook Garden Company (Garden Gift Tokens) 60.00
Clerk’s salary (net amount 1/4/10 – 30/6/10 – new rate) 2164.20
Use of room as office (1/4/10 – 30/6/10) 227.50
H.M. Revenue and Customs (Clerk’s PAYE / N.I (Employer/Employee)) 329.48
Clive Stanley (webmaster services 11/3/10 – 24/6/10) 91.00
The Banner Hub (banners for Proms event) 116 01
P.J. Office Services (service of photocopier) 225.84
St Johns College Cambridge (balance of increase in rent from April 2010) 62.50
To record in the Minutes the following proposal:-
“This Council in accordance with its powers under Sections 137 and 139 of the Local
Government Act 1972, should incur an expenditure of £60 for garden gift tokens from
the Millbrook Garden Company, which is in the opinion of the Council in the interests
of the area or its inhabitants”.
14. To note the date of the next Parish Council Meeting – Monday, 6th September 2010 at 7.30 p.m.
15. Any Other Business.
[ Back to: Top of page |Meeting Dates |Home Page ]
Contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website comments or queries?
Email the Webmaster: Webmaster@higham-kent-pc.gov.uk
Last Revised - 11 July 2010
Web site design and creation by
Copyright © 2005 - 2010 Higham Parish Council