Higham Parish Council
Agenda for the March 2010 Parish Council Meeting
[ Back to: Meeting Dates | Home Page ]
A meeting of the Parish Council will take place at the Memorial Hall, School Lane, on Monday, 29th March 2010 at 7.30 p.m.
7.30 p.m. To welcome Mrs Tracy Coombs, Head Teacher of Higham Primary School, to present the School Travel Plan.
1. To receive apologies for absence.
2. To update the Register of Members’ Interests.
3. To receive inspection reports for Parish property and amenities.
4. To confirm and sign the minutes of the Parish Council Meeting, held on Monday, 22nd February 2010.
5. Matters arising from the Minutes.
6. Parishioners' Matters.
7. To finalise arrangements for the 2010 Annual Parish Assembly.
8. To discuss judging arrangements for the 2010 Higham Gardens for Pleasure Competition.
9. To review and approve the risk assessment document (DOCUMENT TO FOLLOW).
10. To consider the suitability of village land for affordable housing.
11. To further discuss the provision of a Parish Community Self Help Plan.
12. Councillors' Matters: County / Borough / Parish.
To note the following planning applications:-
Appln. no. 20100114, Appln. no. 20100186.
c. Memorial Hall.
d. Multi-Purpose Games Area.
e. Recreation Ground.
f. Parish Environment Committee.
h. Governors of Higham School.
i. Merston Court.
j. Higham Youth Club.
k. Chalk Liaison Group.
l. Rural Housing.
n. Kent Community Warden.
o. Kent Police.
To receive the quarterly financial statement for the period 1/1/10 – 31/3/10 (TO FOLLOW)
To endorse the following payments:-
Joanne Raff (Youth Leader – February) 319.80
Clive Stanley (domain name and server hosting renewal) 249.10
Southern Water (allotments) 30.04
B.T. Payment Services Ltd. (broadband) 129.48
To approve the following payments:-
1st Higham Scouts (Sect. 137/139 grant – newsletter delivery) 80.00
Lesley Topping (food for APA – Sect. 150(2) L.G.Act 1972) 190.00
St. John’s College, Cambridge (½ year rent for RG) 187.50
KALC (2010 subscription and Parish News) 1098.23
J.A.Stanley (preparation of 2010 newsletter) 250.40
Clive Stanley (webmaster services 1/1/10 – 11/3/10) 70.00
Clerk’s salary (1/1/10 – 31/3/10) 2111.10
Expenses – use of room as office (1/1/10 – 31/3/10) 227.50
HM Revenue and Customs (PAYE/NI(employer/employee) 370.50
Higham Guides (Sect. 137/139 grant) 100.00
1st Higham Scouts (Sect. 137/139 grant) 100.00
Age Concern (Sect. 137/139 grant) 350.00
Higham with Merston PCC (Sect. 137/139 grant – St. John’s church) 300.00
Higham Youth Club (Sect. 137/139 grant) 150.00
To review the Clerk’s salary w.e.f 1/4/10.
To review the Youth Leader’s salary w.e.f 1/4/10.
To review allotment rents w.e.f 1/4/10.
16. To note the date of the 2011 Annual Parish Assembly – Thursday, 14th April 2011.
17. To note the date of the next Parish Council Meetings:-
Annual Parish Assembly - Thursday, 15th April 2010 at 7.30 p.m.
Annual Parish Council Meeting followed by a Parish Council Meeting - Monday, 10th May 2010.
18. Any Other Business.
[ Back to: Top of page |Meeting Dates |Home Page ]
Contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website comments or queries?
Email the Webmaster: Webmaster@higham-kent-pc.gov.uk
Last Revised - 29 March 2010
Web site design and creation by
Copyright © 2005 - 2010 Higham Parish Council