Higham Parish Council
Agenda for the 2010 Annual Parish Council Meeting
and Ordinary Parish Council Meeting, May 2010
[ Back to: Meeting Dates | Home Page ]
ANNUAL PARISH COUNCIL MEETING.
3. To elect a Vice Chairman.
4. To elect the following:-
a. 3 Members of the Allotment Committee.
b. 3 Members of the Recreation Committee.
c. The Planning Committee (11 Members).
d. 7 Members of the Parish Environment and Conservation Committee.
e. The Budget and Finance Committee (11 Members).
f. 2 Members of the Parish Newsletter Committee.
g. The Higham Gardens for Pleasure Committee (11 Members).
h. 3 Members of The Parish Lighting Committee
i. 3 Members of the Social and Entertainment Committee - NEW
j. The Emergency Planning Committee (11 Members)
5. To appoint the following representatives:-
a. 2 representatives for the K.A.P.C.
b. 1 representative for the Memorial Hall Management Committee.
c. 2 representatives for the Local Transport Advisory Committee (also the Village Transport Representatives).
d. 1 representative for Merston Court Day Centre.
e. 2 representatives for G.R.O.W.C.
f. 1 representative for the Multi-Purpose Sports Facility.
g. 2 representatives for the Higham Youth Club.
h. 1 representative for C.P.R.E.
i. 1 representative for the Governing Body of Higham Primary School (CLLR. JAMES)
j. 2 representatives for the Police Advisory Committee.
k. 2 representatives for the Chalk Liaison Group.
l. 1 representative for Rural Housing.
m.. 2 representatives for Village Roads, Pavements and Lighting.
6. To welcome Liz Jeffery as Village Correspondent / Press Officer.
7. Vote of thanks to the Chairman and Anne Carroll for serving refreshments at Parish Council Meetings.
PARISH COUNCIL MEETING.
1. To adopt standing orders in their present form, including amendments for the Annual Parish Assembly, financial regulations and delegated powers for the Planning Committee.
2. To receive apologies for absence.
3. To update the Register of Members’ Interests.
4. To receive inspection reports for Parish property and amenities.
5. To confirm and sign the Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting, held on Monday, 29th March 2010.
6. Matters arising from the Minutes.
7. Parishioners' Matters.
8. Matters arising from this year's Annual Parish Assembly.
9. To finalise arrangements for the 2010 Higham Gardens for Pleasure Competition.
10. To arrange dates for Parish Council Meetings in 2011.
11. To discuss the new Borough Council playground inspection arrangements for the Parish.
12. Friday Night at the Proms. Event 2010.
13. To note the results of the 2009 Rural Housing Survey and make comment accordingly.
14. Councillors' Matters: County / Borough / Parish.
a. To note the following planning applications:-
Appln. no. 20100104, Appln. no 20100210, Appln. no. 20100217,
Appln. no. 20100283, Appln. no. 20100304, Appln. no 20100333,
Appln. no. 20100353.
c. Memorial Hall
d. Multi-Purpose Games Area
e. Recreation Ground
f. Parish Environment Committee.
h. Governors of Higham School.
i. Merston Court
j. Higham Youth Club
k. Chalk Liaison Group
l. Rural Housing
n. Kent Community Warden
o. Kent Police
To endorse the following payments:-
B.T Payment Services Ltd. (broadband) 117.84
Joanne Raff (Youth Leader – March) 492.00
Mrs J.M.Papadopulos (APA costs under Section 150(2) L.G.Act 1972) 57.00
Mrs L.M.Carnall (APA costs under Section 150(2) L.G. Act 1972) 100.00
EDF Energy 1 Ltd (Christmas lighting) 81.49
CPRE (2010 subscription) 29.00
NALC (Local Council Review) 48.00
Admin. Exps. (1/1/10 – 31/3/10) 684.11
To approve the following payments:-
Spectra Press (2010 Newsletter – VAT zero rated) 1199.00
K.C.P.F.A. (2010 subscription) 20.00
17. To approve the Annual Return for Local Councils in England and Wales for the year ended 31st March 2010 (COPY TO BE SENT TO ALL MEMBERS ONCE RECEIVED FROM NIGEL WHARTON).
19. To note the date of the next Parish Council Meeting - Monday, 5th July 2010 at 7.30 p.m.
20. Any Other Business.
[ Back to: Top of page |Meeting Dates |Home Page ]
Contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website comments or queries?
Email the Webmaster: Webmaster@higham-kent-pc.gov.uk
Last Revised - 10 May 2010
Web site design and creation by
Copyright © 2005 - 2010 Higham Parish Council