Higham Parish Council
Agenda for the Annual Parish Council Meeting, May 2011
[ Back to: Meeting Dates | Home Page ]
ANNUAL PARISH COUNCIL MEETING.
1. To receive the signed Declaration of Acceptance of Office, and Register of Members’ Financial and Other Interest forms from all Councillors present.
2. To elect a Chairman.
3. To elect a Vice Chairman.
4. To elect the following:-
a. 3 Members of the Allotment Committee.
b. 3 Members of the Recreation Committee.
c. 9 Members of the Planning Committee.
d. 7 Members of the Parish Environment and Conservation Committee.
e. 9 Members of the Budget and Finance Committee
f. 2 Members of the Parish Newsletter Committee.
g. 3 Members of the Parish Lighting Committee.
h. 5 Members of the Social and Entertainment Committee (includes 2012 celebrations).
i. 9 Members of the Emergency Planning Committee.
j. 3 Members of the Severe Weather Committee (NEW).
5. To appoint the following representatives:-
a. 2 representatives for the K.A.L.C.
b. 1 representative for the Memorial Hall Management Committee.
c. 2 representatives for the Local Transport Advisory Committee (also the Village Transport
d. 1 representative for Merston Court Day Centre.
e. 2 representatives for G.R.O.W.C.
f. 1 representative for the Multi-Purpose Sports Facility.
g. 2 representatives for the Higham Youth Club.
h. 1 representative for C.P.R.E.
i. 1 representative for the Governing Body of Higham Primary School (CLLR. JAMES)
j. 2 representatives for the Police Advisory Committee.
k. 2 representatives for the Chalk Liaison Group (now including Lower Thames Crossing).
l. 2 representatives for Rural Housing
m. 2 representatives for Village Roads, Pavements and Lighting.
n. 11 representatives for Higham Gardens for Pleasure Competition.
6. Vote of thanks to Liz Jeffery for continuing to act as both Village Press Correspondent and Parish
Council Press Officer.
7. Vote of thanks to Cllr. Papadopulos and Anne Carroll for serving refreshments at Parish Council
PARISH COUNCIL MEETING.
1. To adopt standing orders in their present form, including amendments for the Annual Parish
Assembly, financial regulations and delegated powers for the Planning Committee.
2. To receive apologies for absence.
3. To update the Register of Members’ Interests.
4. To receive inspection reports for Parish property and amenities.
5. To confirm and sign the Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting, held on Monday, 4th April 2011.
6. Matters arising from the Minutes.
7. Parishioners' Matters.
8. To discuss the recent public exhibition held by Cascade Rural Housing Solutions.
9. Friday Night at the Proms 2011.
10. Matters arising from this year's Annual Parish Assembly.
11. To finalise arrangements for the 2011 Higham Gardens for Pleasure Competition.
12. To arrange dates for Parish Council Meetings in 2012.
13. Councillors' Matters: County / Borough / Parish.
a. To note the following planning applications:-
Appln. no. 20110267, Appln. no 20110311, Appln. no. 20110345.
c. Memorial Hall.
d. Multi-Purpose Games Area.
e. Recreation Ground.
f. Parish Environment Committee.
h. Governors of Higham School.
i. Merston Court.
j. Higham Youth Club.
k. Chalk Liaison Group.
l. Rural Housing.
n. Kent Community Warden.
o. Kent Police.
To endorse the following payments:-
RSPB (talk at APA under Section 150(2) of L.G.Act 1972) 50.00
British Telecommunications plc (broadband) 123.00
Mrs L.M.Carnall (400 union jack flags purchased for Proms 2011) 101.66
To approve the following payments:-
C.P.R.E. (2011 subscription) 29.00
Mrs J.M.Papadopulos (APA costs under Section 150(2) of L.G.Act 1972) 36.31
KALC (Good Councillor Guide) 16.00
Gravesham Borough Council (printing) 13.82
AON (renewal premium) 1551.05
KCS (compression plates for filing cabinet) 68.04
16. To approve the Annual Return for Local Councils in England and Wales for the year ended 31st
March 2011 (TO FOLLOW ONCE RECEIVED FROM NIGEL WHARTON).
18. To note the date of the next Parish Council Meeting - Monday, 11th July 2011 at 7.30 p.m.
19. Any Other Business.
DATES FOR PARISH COUNCIL MEETINGS IN 2011.
Mondays:- 11th July, 5th September, 10th October, 7th November (Budget and Finance only) and 28th November (Christmas Meeting with the Mayor of Gravesham).
[ Back to: Top of page |Meeting Dates |Home Page ]
Contact us by email: email@example.com
Website comments or queries?
Email the Webmaster: Webmaster@higham-kent-pc.gov.uk
Last Revised - 10 May 2011
Web site design and creation by
Copyright © 2005 - 2011 Higham Parish Council