Higham Parish Council
Agenda for the Annual Parish Council Meeting and Ordinary Parish Council Meeting, May 2012
[ Back to: Meeting Dates | Home Page ]
The Annual Parish Council Meeting will be held at the Memorial Hall, School Lane, on Monday, 14th May 2012 at 7.30 p.m., and will be followed by a Parish Council Meeting.
ANNUAL PARISH COUNCIL MEETING -- AGENDA
3. To elect a Vice Chairman.
4. To elect the following:-
a. 3 Members of the Allotment Committee.
b. 3 Members of the Recreation Committee.
c. 9 Members of the Planning Committee.
d. 7 Members of the Parish Environment and Conservation Committee.
e. 9 Members of the Budget and Finance Committee
f. 2 Members of the Parish Newsletter Committee.
g. 3 Members of the Parish Lighting Committee.
h. 5 Members of the Social and Entertainment Committee (includes 2012 celebrations).
i. 9 Members of the Emergency Planning Committee.
j. 3 Members of the Severe Weather Committee.
k. 3 Members of the Grants and Fundraising Committee (NEW).
5. To appoint the following representatives:-
a. 2 representatives for the K.A.L.C.
b. 1 representative for the Memorial Hall Management Committee.
c. 2 representatives for the Local Transport Advisory Committee (also the Village Transport
d. 1 representative for Merston Court Day Centre.
e. 2 representatives for G.R.O.W.C.
f. 1 representative for the Multi-Purpose Sports Facility.
g. 2 representatives for the Higham Youth Club.
h. 1 representative for C.P.R.E.
i. 1 representative for the Governing Body of Higham Primary School (CLLR. JAMES)
j. 2 representatives for the Police Advisory Committee.
k. 2 representatives for the Chalk Liaison Group (now including Lower Thames Crossing).
l. 2 representatives for Rural Housing.
m. 3 representatives for Village Roads, Pavements and Lighting.
n. 11 representatives for Higham Gardens for Pleasure Competition.
6. Vote of thanks to Liz Jeffery for continuing to act as both Village Press Correspondent and Parish
Council Press Officer.
7. Vote of thanks to Cllr. Papadopulos and Cllr. Carroll for serving refreshments at Parish Council
PARISH COUNCIL MEETING -- AGENDA.
1. To adopt standing orders in their present form, including amendments for the Annual Parish
Assembly, financial regulations and delegated powers for the Planning Committee.
2. To receive apologies for absence.
3. To update the Register of Members Interests.
4. To receive inspection reports for Parish property and amenities.
5. To confirm and sign the Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting, held on Monday, 2nd April 2012.
6. Matters arising from the Minutes.
7. Parishioners' Matters.
8. 2012 Celebrations.
9. Matters arising from this years Annual Parish Assembly.
10. To finalise arrangements for the 2012 Higham Gardens for Pleasure Competition.
11. To arrange dates for Parish Council Meetings in 2013.
12. To receive an update on the renewal of the Recreation Ground lease and to form a Sub Committee to
oversee the negotiations.
13. Councillors' Matters: County / Borough / Parish.
a. To note the following planning applications:-
Appln. no. 20120283, Appln. no. 20120284, Appln. no. 20120069,
Appln. no. 20120311, Appln. no. 20120336, Appln. no. 20120366,
Appln. no. 20120374.
c. Memorial Hall.
d. Multi-Purpose Games Area.
e. Recreation Ground.
f. Parish Environment Committee.
h. Governors of Higham School.
i. Merston Court.
j. Higham Youth Club.
k. Chalk Liaison Group.Rural Housing.
l. Higham Neighbourhood Forum (formerly PACT)
n. Kent Community Warden.
o. Kent Police.
p. Gads Hill School Development Committee.
To endorse the following payments:-
British Telecommunications plc (broadband) 123.57
Mrs L.M.Carnall (990 union jack flags purchased for 2012 Celebrations) 224.46
Christopher Hook (1500 tickets for Proms/Firework Display) 100.00
Gravesham Borough Council (printing) 11.28
To approve the following payments:-
C.P.R.E. (2012 subscription) 29.00
Mrs J.M.Papadopulos (APA costs under Section 150(2) of L.G.Act 1972) 103.31
AON (renewal premium) 1538.87
KCPFA (2012 subscription) 20.00
Gravesham Borough Council (TEN licence fee x 3 for Proms concert) 63.00
16. To note the revised date of the Annual Audit - 28th June 2012.
18. To note the date of the next Parish Council Meeting - Monday, 25th June 2012 at 7.30 p.m.
19. Any Other Business.
[ Back to: Top of page |Meeting Dates |Home Page ]
Contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website comments or queries?
Email the Webmaster: Webmaster@higham-kent-pc.gov.uk
Last Revised - 13 May 2012
Web site design and creation by
Copyright © 2005 - 2012 Higham Parish Council