Higham Parish Council
Agenda for the Ordinary Parish Council Meeting, July 2012
[ Back to: Meeting Dates | Home Page ]
The Parish Council Meeting will be held at the Memorial Hall, School Lane, on Monday, 2nd July 2012 at 7.30 p.m..
1. To receive apologies for absence.
2. To update the Register of Members Interests.
3. To receive inspection reports for Parish property and amenities.
4. To confirm and sign the minutes of the Annual Parish Council Meeting, and Parish Council Meeting, held on Monday, 14th May 2012.
5. Matters arising from the Minutes.
6. Parishioners' Matters.
7. 2012 Celebrations.
8. To further discuss the possible installation of passing bays to School Lane.
9. To discuss a possible list of small jobs for consideration for funding from KCC Members Highway Fund.
10. To adopt a new Code of Conduct to take effect from 1st July 2012.
11. To receive an update on the renewal of the Recreation Ground lease.
12. To finalise arrangements for the 2012 Higham Gardens for Pleasure Competition.
13. Councillors' Matters: County / Borough / Parish.
To note the following planning applications:-
Appln. no. 20120391, Appln. no. 20120392, Appln. no. 20120462,
Appln. no. 20120472, Appln. no. 20120498.
c. Memorial Hall.
d. Multi-Purpose Games Area.
e. Recreation Ground.
f. Parish Environment Committee.
h. Governors of Higham School.
i. Merston Court.
j. Higham Youth Club.
k. Chalk Liaison Group.
l. Rural Housing
m. Higham Neighbourhood Forum (formerly PACT).
n. Kent Community Warden.
o. Kent Police.
p. Gads Hill School Development Committee.
To receive the quarterly financial statement for the period 1/4/12 to 30/6/12. (TO FOLLOW )
To endorse the following payments:-
Clerk (union jack flags for Olympics) 264.35
Clerk (Olympic preparation) 128.93
Clerk (union jack flags) 50.83
Joanne Raff (Youth leader for April) 399.00
Southern Water (allotments) 81.34
To approve the following payments:-
Joanne Raff (Youth Leader for May) 484.50
Stuart Morris (tea towel print cost) 878.40
Clive Stanley (webmaster services 25/3/12 to 21/6/12 incl. server hosting) 282.40
Clerks salary (net amount 1/4/12 to 30/6/12) 2773.02
HMRC (Clerk PAYE/NI (Employer/Employee)) 657.54
Use of room as office (1/4/12 to 30/6/12) 227.50
B. Prankard (balance for Peninsula Big Band for Torch Relay) 200.00
Steel Ambition (Steel Band for Torch Relay) 250.00
The Medway Band (Friday Night at the Proms 2012) 400.00
The Millbrook Garden Company (garden gift tokens) 80.00
M.J.Read & Co. (2012 audit preparation and internal audit) 456.00
Phoenix Fireworks Ltd (firework display) 2760.00
To record in the Minutes the following proposal:-
This Council in accordance with its powers under Sections 137 and 139 of the Local
Government Act 1972, should incur an expenditure of 80 pounds for garden gift tokens from
the Millbrook Garden Company, which is in the opinion of the Council in the interests
of the area or its inhabitants.
16. To approve the Annual Return for Local Councils in England and Wales for the year ended 31st
18. To note the AMENDED date of the next Parish Council Meeting Monday, 10th September 2012 at 7.30 p.m.
19. Any Other Business.
DATES FOR PARISH COUNCIL MEETINGS IN 2012.
Mondays:- 10th September, 8th October, 12th November (Budget and Finance only) and 26th November (Christmas Meeting with the Mayor of Gravesham).
DATES FOR PARISH COUNCIL MEETINGS IN 2013.
Mondays:- 14th January, 25th February, 8th April, 13th May (Annual Parish Council Meeting with Parish Council Meeting), 8th July, 9th September, 14th October, 11th November (Budget and Finance only) and 25th November (Christmas Meeting with the Mayor of Gravesham).
The Annual Parish Assembly will take place on Thursday, 11th April 2013.
[ Back to: Top of page |Meeting Dates |Home Page ]
Contact us by email: email@example.com
Website comments or queries?
Email the Webmaster: Webmaster@higham-kent-pc.gov.uk
Last Revised - 30 June 2012
Web site design and creation by
Copyright © 2005 - 2012 Higham Parish Council