Higham Parish Council
Agenda for the Ordinary Parish Council Meeting, September 2012
[ Back to: Meeting Dates | Home Page ]
The Parish Council Meeting will be held at the Memorial Hall, School Lane, on Monday, 10th September 2012 at 7.30 p.m..
Prior to the commencement of the Meeting, awards will be presented to prizewinners of the 2012 Higham Gardens for Pleasure Competition.
1. To receive apologies for absence.
2. To update the Register of Members interests.
3. To receive inspection reports for Parish property and amenities.
4. To confirm and sign the minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on Monday, 2nd July 2012.
5 Matters arising from the Minutes.
6. Parishioners Matters.
7. To evaluate the success of the 2012 Celebrations.
8. To receive an update on the renewal of the Recreation Ground lease.
9. To adopt a new Code of Conduct.
10. To discuss a possible list of small jobs for consideration for funding from KCC Members Highway Fund.
11. To receive a report of a Meeting to discuss future library services within the village.
12. To discuss progress with the proposed safety improvements to the village centre.
13. Councillors Matters: County / Borough / Parish.
To note the following planning applications:-
Appln. no. 20120560, Appln. no. 20120573, Appln. no 20120599,
Appln. no. 20120612, Appln. no. 20120705.
c. Memorial Hall.
d. Multi-Purpose Games Area.
e. Recreation Ground.
f. Parish Environment Committee.
h. Governors of Higham School.
i. Merston Court.
j. Higham Youth Club.
k. Chalk Liaison Group.
l. Rural Housing
m. Higham Neighbourhood Forum (formerly PACT).
n. Kent Community Warden.
o. Kent Police.
p. Gads Hill School Development Committee.
To endorse the following payments:-
Steel Ambition (Higham Parade) 200.00
Higham Marquees (hire of marquees for Olympic Torch Relay) 150.00
EDF Energy 1 Ltd. (Christmas lighting costs) 74.89
BT Payment Services Ltd (broadband) 123.57
Clerk (Garden Gift Tokens) 80.00
Kick Kent (football and cricket workshops for Big Screen Event) 175.00
Jugglez (circus workshop for Big Screen Event) 120.00
Clerk (traffic management for events) 307.09
Clerk (barrier hire for Proms) 96.00
Clerk (rubbish bins for Big Screen Event) 47.94
Victory Design Ltd. (banners for all events) 348.94
Cordwainer UK (event signs) 210.00
Cordwainer UK (additional event signs) 45.00
Gravesham Borough Council (printing) 9.90
Zurich Insurance plc (Pavilion insurance) 1278.32
BK Safety and Workwear Ltd. (high viz jackets) 117.35
Phoenix Fireworks Ltd. (extra costs for PA system) 240.00
To approve the following payments:-
P.J.Office Services (service of printer) 102.00
Jo Raff (Youth Leader for June, July and August) 855.00
HM Courts and Tribunal Service (lodge court papers for lease) 175.00
17. To note the dates of the next Parish Council Meetings:-
Monday, 8th October 2012 at 7.30 p.m.
Monday, 12th November 2012 for Budget and Finance only.
18. Any Other Business.
DATES FOR PARISH COUNCIL MEETINGS IN 2012.
Mondays:- 8th October, 12th November (Budget and Finance only) and 26th November (Christmas Meeting with the Mayor of Gravesham).
DATES FOR PARISH COUNCIL MEETINGS IN 2013.
Mondays:- 14th January, 25th February, 8th April, 13th May (Annual Parish Council Meeting with Parish Council Meeting), 8th July, 9th September, 14th October, 11th November (Budget and Finance only) and 25th November (Christmas Meeting with the Mayor of Gravesham)
The Annual Parish Assembly will take place on Thursday, 11th April 2013.
[ Back to: Top of page |Meeting Dates |Home Page ]
Contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website comments or queries?
Email the Webmaster: Webmaster@higham-kent-pc.gov.uk
Last Revised - 09 September 2012
Web site design and creation by
Copyright © 2005 - 2012 Higham Parish Council