Higham Parish Council
Agenda for the Ordinary Parish Council Meeting, February 2013
[ Back to: Meeting Dates | Home Page ]
The Parish Council Meeting will be held at the Memorial Hall, School Lane, on Monday, 25th February 2013 at 7.30 p.m.
1. To receive apologies for absence.
2. To update the Register of Members Interests.
3. To receive inspection reports for Parish property and amenities.
4. To confirm and sign the minutes of the Parish Council Meeting, held on Monday, 28th January 2013.
5. Matters arising from the Minutes.
6. Parishioners' Matters.
7. To receive an update on the renewal of the Recreation Ground lease.
8. Community Event 2013.
9. Annual Parish Newsletter and Annual Parish Assembly 2013.
10. To again discuss the proposed safety improvements to the centre of the village.
11. Highway Priorities for 2013/2014.
12. Councillors' Matters: County / Borough / Parish.
To note the following planning applications:-
Appln. no. 20130034, Appln. no 20130090
c. Memorial Hall.
d. Multi-Purpose Games Area.
e. Recreation Ground.
f. Parish Environment Committee.
h. Governors of Higham School.
i. Merston Court.
j. Higham Youth Club.
k. Chalk Liaison Group.
l. Rural Housing.
m. Higham Neighbourhood Forum (formerly PACT)
n. Kent Community Warden.
o. Kent Police.
p. Gads Hill School Development Committee.
To endorse the following payments:-
Clerk (12 bags of rock salt) 101.88
Action with Communities in Rural Kent (2013 subscription) 35.00
15. To record in the Minutes the following resolution:-
Mrs Linda Carnall, current Clerk to the Parish Council, will be allowed to join the Local
Government Pension Scheme as from 1st April 2013. Future Higham Parish Council Clerks will be
considered for the scheme following the necessary qualifying period (currently five years). It is
confirmed that the contribution rate calculated by the LGPS actuaries is agreeable and it is
acknowledged that the employer contribution rate may change following a triennial valuation of the
LGPS (next valuation 2013).
17. To note the date of the next Parish Council Meeting:- Monday, 8th April 2013 at 7.30 p.m.
18. Any Other Business.
DATES FOR PARISH COUNCIL MEETINGS IN 2013.
Mondays:- 25th February, 8th April, 13th May (Annual Parish Council Meeting and Parish Council Meeting), 8th July, 9th September, 14th October, 11th November (Budget and Finance only) and 25th November (Christmas Meeting with the Mayor of Gravesham).
The Annual Parish Assembly will take place on Thursday, 11th April 2013.
[ Back to: Top of page |Meeting Dates |Home Page ]
Contact us by email: email@example.com
Website comments or queries?
Email the Webmaster: Webmaster@higham-kent-pc.gov.uk
Last Revised - 24 February 2013
Web site design and creation by
Copyright © 2005 - 2013 Higham Parish Council