Higham Parish Council
Agenda for the Annual Parish Council Meeting, May 2013
[ Back to: Meeting Dates | Home Page ]
ANNUAL PARISH COUNCIL MEETING – MONDAY 13TH MAY 2013 at 7.30 p.m.
The Annual Parish Council Meeting will be held at the Memorial Hall, School Lane, on Monday, 13th May 2013 at 7.30 p.m., and will be followed by a Parish Council Meeting. The Members of the Planning Committee will meet at 7.00 p.m. and the correspondence folder and planning decision folder will be available for perusal by all Members from this time.
ANNUAL PARISH COUNCIL MEETING.
3. To elect a Vice Chairman.
4. To elect the following:-
a. 3 Members of the Allotment Committee.
b. 3 Members of the Recreation Committee.
c. 9 Members of the Planning Committee.
d. 7 Members of the Parish Environment and Conservation Committee.
e. 9 Members of the Budget and Finance Committee
f. 2 Members of the Parish Newsletter Committee.
g. 3 Members of the Parish Lighting Committee.
h. 5 Members of the Social and Entertainment Committee.
i. 9 Members of the Emergency Planning Committee.
j. 3 Members of the Severe Weather Committee.
k. 3 Members of the Grants and Fundraising Committee.
l. 3 Members of the Formal Complaints Committee (NEW)
5. To appoint the following representatives:-
a. 2 representatives for the K.A.L.C.
b. 1 representative for the Memorial Hall Management Committee.
c. 2 representatives for the Local Transport Advisory Committee (also the Village Transport
d. 1 representative for Merston Court Day Centre.
e. 2 representatives for G.R.O.W.C.
f. 1 representative for the Multi-Purpose Sports Facility.
g. 2 representatives for the Higham Youth Club.
h. 1 representative for C.P.R.E.
i. 1 representative for the Governing Body of Higham Primary School (CLLR. JAMES)
j. 2 representatives for the Police Advisory Committee.
k. 2 representatives for the Chalk Liaison Group (now including Lower Thames Crossing).
l. 2 representatives for Rural Housing.
6. Vote of thanks to Liz Jeffery for continuing to act as both Village Press Correspondent and Parish
Council Press Officer.
7. Vote of thanks to Cllr. Papadopulos and Cllr. Carroll for serving refreshments at Parish Council
PARISH COUNCIL MEETING.
1. To adopt standing orders in their present form, including amendments for the Annual Parish
Assembly, financial regulations and delegated powers for the Planning Committee.
2. To receive apologies for absence.
3. To update the Register of Members Interests.
4. To receive inspection reports for Parish property and amenities.
5. To confirm and sign the Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting, held on Monday, 8th April
6. Matters arising from the Minutes.
7. Parishioners' Matters.
8. To receive an update on the renewal of the Recreation Ground lease.
9. 2013 Community Events
10. Matters arising from this years Annual Parish Assembly.
11. To finalise arrangements for the 2013 Higham Gardens for Pleasure Competition.
12. To arrange dates for Parish Council Meetings in 2014.
13. To receive an update on the Future Kent Libraries project.
14. Councillors' Matters: County / Borough / Parish.
a. To note the following planning applications:-
Appln. no. 20130284, Appln. no. 20130310, Appln. no. 20130258.
Appln. no. 20130321, Appln. no. 20130333.
c. Memorial Hall.
d. Multi-Purpose Games Area.
e. Recreation Ground.
f. Parish Environment Committee.
h. Governors of Higham School.
i. Merston Court.
j. Higham Youth Club.
k. Chalk Liaison Group.
l. Rural Housing
m. Higham Neighbourhood Forum (formerly PACT)
n. Kent Community Warden.
o. Kent Police.
p. Gads Hill School Development Committee.
To endorse the following payments:-
BT Payment Services Ltd. (broadband) 130.80
Christopher Hook (1000 tickets for Proms Event) 75.00
Gravesham Borough Council (printing) 15.12
KALC (2013 subscription) 1178.30
To approve the following payments:-
C.P.R.E. (2013 subscription) 29.00
Mrs J.M.Papadopulos (APA costs under Section 150(2) of L.G.Act 1972) 60.55
AON (renewal premium) 1483.84
Victory Design Ltd (In the Mood Tonight banners) 239.50
Phoenix Fireworks Ltd. (fireworks deposit) 500.00
Higham Marquees Ltd. (marquee/floor hire deposit) 200.00
Beverley Prankard (deposit for Peninsula Big Band) 200.00
Clerks salary (April 2013. Net) 899.95
HMRC (PAYE/NI (employer/employee) April 2013) 170.99
Kent County Council (LGPS payment employer/employee April 2013) 288.50
To approve the monthly payment of the Clerks salary from 1.4.13 due to the introduction of RTI
17. To note the revised date of the Annual Audit - Monday 8th July 2013
19. To note the date of the next Parish Council Meeting - Monday, 8th July 2013 at 7.30 p.m.
20. Any Other Business.
21. To resolve that pursuant to Section 100A(4) of the Local Government Act 1972 that the public be
excluded from the following item because it is likely in view of the nature of the business to be
transacted that if members of the public are present during this item, there would be disclosure to
them of exempt information as defined in Part 1 of Schedule 12A of the Act.
DATES FOR PARISH COUNCIL MEETINGS IN 2013.
Mondays:- 8th July , 9th September, 14th October, 11th November (Budget and Finance only) and 25th November (Christmas Meeting with the Mayor of Gravesham).
[ Back to: Top of page |Meeting Dates |Home Page ]
Contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website comments or queries?
Email the Webmaster: Webmaster@higham-kent-pc.gov.uk
Last Revised - 21 May 2013
Web site design and creation by
Copyright © 2005 - 2013 Higham Parish Council