Higham Parish Council
Agenda for the Ordinary Parish Council Meeting, April 2014
[ Back to: Meeting Dates | Home Page ]
The Parish Council will meet at the Memorial Hall, School Lane ME3 7JL on Monday, 7th April 2014 at 7.30 p.m.
1. To receive apologies for absence.
2. To update the Register of Members Interests.
3. To receive inspection reports for Parish property and amenities.
4. To confirm and sign the minutes of the Parish Council Meeting, held on Monday, 3rd March 2014.
5. Matters arising from the Minutes.
6. Parishioners' Matters.
7. To receive an update on the renewal of the Recreation Ground lease.
8. To finalise arrangements for the 2014 Annual Parish Assembly.
9. To discuss judging arrangements for the 2014 Higham Gardens for Pleasure Competition.
10. To review and approve the risk assessment document (ENCLOSED).
11. Friday Night at the Proms 2014.
12. Possible conversion of Parish lighting assets to part-night lighting (DOCUMENT ENCLOSED)
13. To discuss future provision of Christmas lighting within the Parish.
14. Councillors' Matters: County / Borough / Parish.
To note the following planning applications:-
Appln. no. 20140164, Appln. no. 20130930, Appln. no. 20140186,
Appln. no. 20140208, Appln. no. 20140243, Appln. no. 20140240.
c. Memorial Hall.
d. Multi-Purpose Games Area.
e. Recreation Ground.
f. Parish Environment Committee.
h. Governors of Higham School.
i. Merston Court.
j. Higham Youth Club.
k. Chalk Liaison Group.
l. Rural Housing.
m. Higham Neighbourhood Forum (formerly PACT)
n. Kent Community Warden.
o. Kent Police.
p. Gads Hill School Development Committee.
To receive the quarterly financial statement for the period 1/1/14 to 31/3/14
(TO FOLLOW ONCE THE BANK STATEMENT IS RECEIVED FROM THE BANK)
To approve the following payments:-
Katie Reeves (food for APA under Sect.150(2) L.G.Act 1972) 230.00
Christoph Bull (talk for APA under Sect. 150(2) L.G.Act 1972 60.00
1st Higham Scouts (Sect. 137/139 grant for newsletter delivery) 100.00
J.A.Stanley (preparation of 2014 newsletter) 249.50
Clive Stanley (webmaster services from 1/1/14 to 25/3/14) 56.00
Clerks salary (March net) 906.69
Expenses for use of room as office (1/1/14 to 31/3/14) 227.50
HMRC (PAYE/NI March) 175.76
KCC (LGPS March) 291.36
KALC (2014 subscription) 1178.30
Willow Print Services Ltd. (2014 newsletter) 990.00
Martin Tolhurst Partnership LLP (on A/C) 2106.00
1st Higham Scouts (Sect.137/139 grant) 200.00
Higham Age Concern (Sect.137/139 grant) 400.00
Higham with Merston PCC (Sect. 137/139 grant for St. Johns Church) 325.00
Higham Youth Club (Sect. 137/139 grant) 175.00
To endorse the changes to the Clerks salary agreed at the Budget and Finance Meeting.
To endorse the changes to the Youth Leaders allowance agreed at the Budget and Finance Meeting.
To endorse the changes in allotment rents for 2014/2015.
18. To note the dates of the next Parish Council Meetings:-
Thursday, 10th April 2014 at 7.30 p.m. Annual Parish Assembly
Monday, 12th May 2014 at 7.30 p.m. Annual Parish Council Meeting with Parish Council Meeting.
19. Any Other Business.
DATES FOR PARISH COUNCIL MEETINGS IN 2014.
Mondays:- 12th May (Annual Parish Council Meeting and Parish Council Meeting), 7th July, 8th September, 13th October, 10th November (Budget and Finance only) and 24th November (Christmas Meeting with the Mayor of Gravesham).
The Annual Parish Assembly will be held on Thursday, 10th April 2014.
[ Back to: Top of page | Meeting Dates | Home Page ]
Contact us by email: email@example.com
Website comments or queries?
Email the Webmaster: Webmaster@higham-kent-pc.gov.uk
Last Revised - 06 April 2014
Web site design and creation by
Copyright © 2005 - 2014 Higham Parish Council