Higham Parish Council
Agenda for the Ordinary Parish Council Meeting, July 2014
[ Back to: Meeting Dates | Home Page ]
The Parish Council will meet at the Memorial Hall, School Lane ME3 7JL on Monday, 7th July 2014 at 7.30 p.m.
1. To receive apologies for absence.
2. To update the Register of Members Interests.
3. To receive inspection reports for Parish property and amenities.
4. To confirm and sign the minutes of the Annual Parish Council Meeting, and Parish Council Meeting, held on Monday, 12th May 2014.
5. Matters arising from the Minutes.
6. Parishioners' Matters.
7. To receive an update on the renewal of the Recreation Ground lease.
8. Friday Night at the Proms 2014.
9. To again discuss a proposal for the use of the Memorial Hall car park toilet building.
10. To finalise arrangements for the 2014 Higham Gardens for Pleasure Competition.
11. To discuss current problems with the Rural Nomination Criteria.
12. Councillors' Matters: County / Borough / Parish.
To note the following planning applications:-
Appln. no. 20140392, Appln. no. 20140422, Appln. no. 20140350,
Appln. no. 20140445, Appln. no. 20140459, Appln. no. 20140499,
Appln. no. 20140492, Appln. no. 20131101, Appln. no. 20140546.
c. Memorial Hall.
d. Multi-Purpose Games Area.
e. Recreation Ground.
f. Parish Environment Committee.
h. Governors of Higham School.
i. Merston Court.
j. Higham Youth Club.
k. Chalk Liaison Group.
l. Rural Housing.
m. Higham Neighbourhood Forum (formerly PACT)
n. Kent Community Warden.
o. Kent Police.
p. Gads Hill School Development Committee.
To receive the quarterly financial statement for the period 1/4/14 to 30/6/14
(TO FOLLOW ONCE THE BANK STATEMENT IS RECEIVED FROM THE BANK)
Clerks salary (May) 953.51
Clerks salary (June) 953.51
KCC (LGPS May) 300.60
KCC (LGPS June) 300.60
HMRC (PAYE/NI May) 163.01
HMRC (PAYE/NI June) 163.01
Clerk (use of room as office 1/4/14 to 30/6/14) 227.50
Southern Water (allotments) 25.95
KALC (Clerk training/conference) 72.00
Christopher Hook (Proms tickets) 75.00
To approve the following payments:-
Clive Stanley (webmaster services 26/3/14 to 30/6/14) 136.00
The Medway Band (Friday Night at the Proms 2014) 400.00
The Millbrook Garden Company (garden gift tokens) 80.00
Clive Sound (sound system for Proms event) 250.00
To record in the Minutes the following proposal:-
This Council in accordance with its powers under Sections 137 and 139 of the Local Government Act 1972, should incur an expenditure of 80 pounds for garden gift tokens from the Millbrook Garden Company, which is in the opinion of the Council in the interests of the area or its inhabitants.
16. To note the date of the next Parish Council Meeting Monday, 8th September 2014 at 7.30 p.m.
17. Any Other Business.
DATES FOR PARISH COUNCIL MEETINGS IN 2014.
Mondays:- 8th September, 13th October, 10th November (Budget and Finance only) and 24th November (Christmas Meeting with the Mayor of Gravesham).
DATES FOR PARISH COUNCIL MEETINGS IN 2015.
Mondays:- 12th January, 23rd February, 30th March, 11th May (Annual Parish Council Meeting with Parish Council Meeting), 6th July, 7th September, 12th October, 9th November (Budget and Finance only) and 23rd November (Christmas Meeting with the Mayor of Gravesham).
The Annual Parish Assembly will take place on Thursday, 9th April 2015
[ Back to: Top of page | Meeting Dates | Home Page ]
Contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website comments or queries?
Email the Webmaster: Webmaster@higham-kent-pc.gov.uk
Last Revised - 05 July 2014
Web site design and creation by
Copyright © 2005 - 2014 Higham Parish Council