Higham Parish Council
Agenda for the Annual and Ordinary Parish Council Meetings, May 2014
[ Back to: Meeting Dates | Home Page ]
The Parish Council will meet at the Memorial Hall, School Lane ME3 7JL on Monday, 12th May 2014 at 7.30 p.m.
ANNUAL PARISH COUNCIL MEETING.
1. To elect a Chairman.
2. To receive the signed declaration of acceptance of office form from the Chairman.
3. To elect a Vice Chairman.
4. To elect the following:-
a. 3 Members of the Allotment Committee.
b. 3 Members of the Recreation Committee.
c. 9 Members of the Planning Committee.
d. 7 Members of the Parish Environment and Conservation Committee.
e. 9 Members of the Budget and Finance Committee
f. 2 Members of the Parish Newsletter Committee.
g. 3 Members of the Parish Lighting Committee.
h. 5 Members of the Social and Entertainment Committee.
i. 9 Members of the Emergency Planning Committee.
j. 3 Members of the Severe Weather Committee.
k. 3 Members of the Grants and Fundraising Committee.
l. 3 Members of the Formal Complaints Committee.
5. To appoint the following representatives:-
a. 2 representatives for the K.A.L.C.
b. 1 representative for the Memorial Hall Management Committee.
c. 2 representatives for the Local Transport Advisory Committee (also the Village Transport Representatives).
d. 1 representative for Merston Court Day Centre.
e. 2 representatives for G.R.O.W.C.
f. 1 representative for the Multi-Purpose Sports Facility.
g. 2 representatives for the Higham Youth Club.
h. 1 representative for C.P.R.E.
i. 1 representative for the Governing Body of Higham Primary School (CLLR. JAMES)
j. 2 representatives for the Police Advisory Committee.
k. 2 representatives for the Chalk Liaison Group (now including Lower Thames Crossing).
l. 2 representatives for Rural Housing.
m. 3 representatives for Village Roads, Pavements and Lighting.
n. 11 representatives for Higham Gardens for Pleasure Competition.
6. Vote of thanks to Liz Jeffery for continuing to act as both Village Press Correspondent and Parish Council Press Officer.
7. Vote of thanks to Cllr. Papadopulos and Cllr. Carroll for serving refreshments at Parish Council Meetings.
PARISH COUNCIL MEETING.
1. To adopt standing orders in their present form, including amendments for the Annual Parish Assembly, financial regulations and delegated powers for the Planning Committee.
2. To receive apologies for absence.
3. To update the Register of Members Interests.
4. To receive inspection reports for Parish property and amenities.
5. To confirm and sign the Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting, held on Monday, 7th April 2014.
6. Matters arising from the Minutes.
7. Parishioners' Matters.
8. To receive an update on the renewal of the Recreation Ground lease.
9. Friday Night at the Proms 2014.
10. Matters arising from this year’s Annual Parish Assembly.
11. To finalise arrangements for the 2014 Higham Gardens for Pleasure Competition.
12. To arrange dates for Parish Council Meetings in 2015.
13. To discuss a proposal for the use of the Memorial Hall car park toilet building.
14. Councillors' Matters: County / Borough / Parish.
a. To note the following planning applications:-
Appln. no. 20140194, Appln. no. 20140331.
c. Memorial Hall.
d. Multi-Purpose Games Area.
e. Recreation Ground.
f. Parish Environment Committee.
h. Governors of Higham School.
i. Merston Court.
j. Higham Youth Club.
k. Chalk Liaison Group.
l. Rural Housing
m. Higham Neighbourhood Forum (formerly PACT)
n. Kent Community Warden.
o. Kent Police.
p. Gads Hill School Development Committee.
To endorse the following payments:-
Rogers, Stevens and Chance (valuer fee) 420.00
BT Payment Services Ltd. (broadband) 137.46
Gravesham Borough Council (printing) 11.28
K.C.P.F.A. (2014 subscription) 20.00
CPRE (2014 subscription) 36.00
Clerks salary (April 2014. Net) 953.51
Annual rental of storage space 100.00
To approve the following payments:-
Mrs J.M. Papadopulos (APA costs under Section 150(2) of L.G.Act 1972) 71.44
AON (renewal premium) 1511.51
HMRC (PAYE/NI (employer/employee) April 2014) 163.01
Kent County Council (LGPS payment. Employer/employee. April 2014) 300.60
NALC (Local Council Review) subscription 2014) 54.00
17. To approve the Annual Return for Local Councils in England and Wales for the year ended 31st
March 2014 (TO FOLLOW ONCE RECEIVED FROM NIGEL WHARTON)
19. To note the date of the next Parish Council Meeting - Monday, 7th July 2014 at 7.30 p.m.
20. Any Other Business.
DATES FOR PARISH COUNCIL MEETINGS IN 2014.
Mondays:- 7th July, 8th September, 13th October, 10th November (Budget and Finance only) and 24th November (Christmas Meeting with the Mayor of Gravesham).
The Annual Parish Assembly will be held on Thursday, 10th April 2014.
[ Back to: Top of page | Meeting Dates | Home Page ]
Contact us by email: email@example.com
Website comments or queries?
Email the Webmaster: Webmaster@higham-kent-pc.gov.uk
Last Revised - 11 May 2014
Web site design and creation by
Copyright © 2005 - 2014 Higham Parish Council