Higham Parish Council
Agenda for the Ordinary Parish Council Meeting, July 2016
[ Back to: Meeting Dates | Home Page ]
The Parish Council will meet at the Memorial Hall, School Lane ME3 7JL on Monday, 4th July 2016 at 7.30 p.m.
1. To receive apologies for absence.
2. To update the Register of Members Interests.
3. To receive inspection reports for Parish property and amenities.
4. To confirm and sign the minutes of the Annual Parish Council Meeting, and Parish Council Meeting, held on Monday, 23rd May 2016.
5. Matters arising from the Minutes.
6. Parishioners' Matters.
7. To again discuss the initiative to make Telegraph Hill one way only.
8. To receive an update on the renewal of the Recreation Ground sub-lease.
9. Parish Plan update.
10. Lower Thames Crossing update.
11. To finalise arrangements for the 2016 Higham Gardens for Pleasure Competition.
12. To evaluate the success of the Royal Celebration event.
13. To further discuss the use of the Recreation Ground and Sports Courts.
14. Councillors' Matters: County / Borough / Parish.
a. To note the following planning application:-
Appln. no. 20160450, Appln. no. 20160464, Appln. no. 20160516,
Appln. no 20160271.
c. Memorial Hall.
d. Multi-Purpose Games Area.
e. Recreation Ground.
f. Parish Environment Committee.
h. Governors of Higham School.
i. Merston Court.
j. Higham Youth Club.
k. Chalk Liaison Group.
l. Rural Housing
m. Higham Neighbourhood Forum (formerly PACT)
n. Kent Community Warden.
o. Kent Police.
To receive the quarterly financial statement for the period 1/4/16 to 30/6/16 TO FOLLOW ONCE
STATEMENT IS RECEIVED FROM THE BANK.
To endorse the following payments:-
Clerks salary (May) 1050.51
KCC (LGPS May) 334.32
HMRC (PAYE/NI May) 199.71
Clerk (use of room as office 1/4/16 to 30/6/16) 227.50
St Johns College (quarter year rent for RG) 750.00
Royal Celebration (cash payments) 600.00
Higham Youth Club (metal shed) 260.99
Ray Earley (drainage to car park) 268.32
B. Prankard (Peninsula Big Band) 500.00
D. Bowdler (Jazz Band) 500.00
Phoenix Fireworks Ltd. (firework display) 3600.00
Higham Marquees (marquee hire) 500.00
Clive Sound (PA equipment hire) 45.00
Singlewell Stationery and Print Ltd (flyers and programmes) 546.00
Brand Plan Media / Easy-Print UK (LTC postcards) 291.66
APT Kent Ltd (outside lighting to Pavilion) 1450.08
To approve the following payments:-
Clive Stanley (webmaster services 1/4/16 to 21/6/16) 168.00
The Millbrook Garden Company (garden gift tokens) 100.00
Annual rental of storage space 100.00
Southern Water (allotments) 32.11
To record in the Minutes the following proposal:-
This Council in accordance with its powers under Sections 137 and 139 of the Local
Government Act 1972, should incur an expenditure of 100 pounds for garden gift tokens from
the Millbrook Garden Company, which is in the opinion of the Council in the interests
of the area or its inhabitants.
18. To note the date of the next Parish Council Meeting Monday, 5th September 2016 at 7.30 p.m.
19. Any Other Business.
DATES FOR PARISH COUNCIL MEETINGS IN 2016.
Mondays:- 10th October, 21st November (Budget and Finance only) and 28th November (Christmas Meeting with the Mayor of Gravesham).
DATES FOR PARISH COUNCIL MEETINGS IN 2017.
Mondays:- 16th January, 27th February, 3rd April, 15th May (Annual Parish Council Meeting with Parish Council Meeting), 3rd July, 11th September, 9th October, 20th November (Budget and Finance only) and 27th November (Christmas Meeting with the Mayor of Gravesham).
The Annual Parish Assembly will take place on WEDNESDAY, 12th April 2017.
[ Back to: Top of page | Meeting Dates | Home Page ]
Contact us by email: email@example.com
Website comments or queries?
Email the Webmaster: Webmaster@higham-kent-pc.gov.uk
Last Revised - 02 September 2016
Web site design and creation by
Copyright © 2005 - 2016 Higham Parish Council