Higham Parish Council
Agenda for the Annual and Ordinary Parish Council Meetings, May 2016
[ Back to: Meeting Dates | Home Page ]
The Parish Council will meet at the Memorial Hall, School Lane ME3 7JL on Monday, 23rd May 2016 at 7.30 p.m.
ANNUAL PARISH COUNCIL MEETING.
1. To elect a Chairman.
2. To receive the signed declaration of acceptance of office form from the Chairman.
3. To elect a Vice Chairman.
4. To elect the following:-
a. 3 Members of the Allotment Committee.
b. 3 Members of the Recreation Committee.
c. 9 Members of the Planning Committee.
d. 7 Members of the Parish Environment and Conservation Committee.
e. 9 Members of the Budget and Finance Committee
f. 2 Members of the Parish Newsletter Committee.
g. 3 Members of the Parish Lighting Committee.
h. 8 Members of the Social and Entertainment Committee and Grants and Fundraising Committee.
i. 9 Members of the Emergency Planning Committee.
j. 3 Members of the Severe Weather Committee.
k. 1 Member of the Formal Complaints Committee.
l. 4 Members of the Parish Plan Committee.
6. To appoint the following representatives:-
a. 2 representatives for the K.A.L.C.
b. 1 representative for the Memorial Hall Management Committee.
c. 2 representatives for the Local Transport Advisory Committee (also the Village Transport Representatives).
d. 1 representative for Merston Court Day Centre.
e. 2 representatives for G.R.O.W.C.
f. 1 representative for the Multi-Purpose Sports Facility.
g. 3 representatives for the Higham Youth Club.
h. 1 representative for C.P.R.E.
i. Governing Body of Higham Primary School.
j. 2 representatives for the Police Advisory Committee.
k. 2 representatives for the Chalk Liaison Group (now including Lower Thames Crossing).
l. 2 representatives for Rural Housing.
m. 3 representatives for Village Roads, Pavements and Lighting.
n. 11 representatives for Higham Gardens for Pleasure Competition.
7. Vote of thanks to Liz Jeffery for continuing to act as Village Press Correspondent and Parish Council Press Officer.
8. Vote of thanks to Cllr. Papadopulos and Cllr. Carroll for serving refreshments at Parish Council Meetings.
PARISH COUNCIL MEETING.
1. To adopt standing orders in their present form, including amendments for the Annual Parish Assembly, financial regulations and delegated powers for the Planning Committee.
2. To receive apologies for absence.
3. To update the Register of Members Interests.
4. To receive inspection reports for Parish property and amenities.
5. To confirm and sign the Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting, held on Monday, 4th April 2016.
6. Matters arising from the Minutes.
7. Parishioners' Matters.
8. To receive an update on the renewal of the Recreation Ground sub-lease.
9. A Royal Celebration Event 2016.
10. Parish Plan update
11. Matters arising from this years Annual Parish Assembly.
12. To finalise arrangements for the 2016 Higham Gardens for Pleasure Competition.
13. To arrange dates for Parish Council Meetings in 2017.
14. To discuss the ongoing maintenance of the Recreation Ground and sports surfaces.
15. Councillors' Matters: County / Borough / Parish.
a. To note the following planning applications:-
Appln. no. 20160099, Appln. no. 20160289, Appln. no. 20160301,
Appln. no. 20160192, Appln. no. 20160071, Appln. no. 20160408,
Appln. no. 20160149, Appln. no. 20160401, Appln. no. 20160457.
c. Memorial Hall.
d. Multi-Purpose Games Area.
e. Recreation Ground.
f. Parish Environment Committee.
h. Governors of Higham School.
i. Merston Court.
j. Higham Youth Club.
k. Chalk Liaison Group.
l. Rural Housing
m. Higham Neighbourhood Forum (formerly PACT)
n. Kent Community Warden.
o. Kent Police.
To endorse the following payments:-
Singlewell Stationery and Print Ltd (2016 newsletter) 1057.00
BT (broadband) 155.01
KCPFA (2016 subscription) 20.00
NALC (2016 Local Council Review) 54.00
CPRE (2016 subscription) 36.00
Clerks salary (March net) 1003.85
HMRC (PAYE/NI March) 177.84
KCC (LGPS March) 317.25
Mrs J.M.Papadopulos (drink for APA Section 150(2) LG Act 1972) 47.80
Clerks salary (April net) 1035.13
KCC (LGPS April) 327.76
HMRC (PAYE/NI April) 188.79
EDF Energy (Pavilion) 117.40
SSE (electricity to toilets) 17.94
ACRK (2016 subscription) 50.00
Elizabeth Hart (2016 newsletter delivery) 200.00
Gravesend Historical Society (replacement cheque 2015 APA) 50.00
Higham Memorial Hall Association (hall hire for 11/6/16) 140.00
Vic Brading (LTC expenses) 28.75
KALC (Clerk course) 72.00
St. Johns College (quarter year rent for RG) 750.00
To approve the following:-
Phoenix Fireworks Ltd. (deposit for fireworks display) 300.00
Gravesham Borough Council (three TEN licences) 63.00
Elizabeth Hart (delivery of flyers for event) 120.00
Singlewell Stationery and Print Ltd. (event flyers) 102.00
18. To consider the Accounting Statements and Annual Return for Local Councils in England and Wales
for the Year ended 31st March 2016 as a whole.
19. To approve the Annual Governance Statement (Section 1).
20. To approve the whole Accounting Statements (Section 2).
21. Chairman to sign the Accounting Statements.
(ACCOUNTS TO FOLLOW ONCE RECEIVED FROM NIGEL WHARTON)
23. To note the date of the next Parish Council Meeting - Monday, 4th July 2016 at 7.30 p.m.
24. Any Other Business.
DATES FOR PARISH COUNCIL MEETINGS IN 2016
Mondays:- 4th July , 5th September, 10th October, 21st November (Budget and Finance only) and 28th November (Christmas Meeting with the Mayor of Gravesham).
[ Back to: Top of page | Meeting Dates | Home Page ]
Contact us by email: email@example.com
Website comments or queries?
Email the Webmaster: Webmaster@higham-kent-pc.gov.uk
Last Revised - 22 May 2016
Web site design and creation by
Copyright © 2005 - 2016 Higham Parish Council