Higham Parish Council
Agenda for the Ordinary Parish Council Meeting, October 2016
[ Back to: Meeting Dates | Home Page ]
The Parish Council will meet at the Memorial Hall, School Lane ME3 7JL on Monday, 10th October 2016 at 7.30 p.m.
Prior to the commencement of the Meeting, awards will be presented to the prizewinners of the 2016 Higham Gardens for Pleasure Competition.
The new Member of Higham Parish Council will be asked to sign their Declaration of Acceptance of Office Form.
1. To receive apologies for absence.
2. To update the Register of Members interests.
3. To receive inspection reports for Parish property and amenities.
4. To confirm and sign the minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on Monday, 5th September 2016.
5. Matters arising from the Minutes.
6. Parishioners' Matters.
7. To receive an update on the Recreation Ground sub-lease.
8. Parish Plan update.
9. Lower Thames Crossing update.
10. To formally amalgamate the Recreation Ground, Multi-Purpose Games Area and Youth Club sub-committees to form a single Youth and Community Committee
11. To receive a report from the Village Roads, Pavements and Lighting Sub - Committee.
12. To discuss forthcoming changes to the rail network through Higham.
13. Councillors' Matters: County / Borough / Parish.
a. To note the following planning application:-
Appln. no. 20160745, Appln. no. 20160805
c. Memorial Hall.
d. Multi-Purpose Games Area.
e. Recreation Ground.
f. Parish Environment Committee.
h. Governors of Higham School.
i. Merston Court.
j. Higham Youth Club.
k. Chalk Liaison Group.
l. Rural Housing
m. Higham Neighbourhood Forum (formerly PACT)
n. Kent Community Warden.
o. Kent Police.
To receive the quarterly financial statement for the period 1/4/16 to 30/6/16 TO FOLLOW ONCE STATEMENT IS RECEIVED FROM THE BANK.
To endorse and approve the following payments:-
Clerks salary (September) 1042.92
KCC (LGPS September) 331.04
HMRC (PAYE/NI September) 194.15
PKF Littlejohn LLP. (audit charges 2016) 360.00
Southern Water (public conveniences) 57.17
Southern Water (allotments) 386.71
Clive Stanley (webmaster services 22/6/16 to30/9/16) 108.00
Action with Communities in Rural Kent (rural evidence data) 120.00
Expenses for use of room as an office (1/7/16 to 30/9/16) 227.50
Joanne Raff (Youth Leader 10/12/15 to 5/4/16) 780.00
Joanne Raff (Youth Leader 6/4/16 to 14/9/16) 1200.00
Joanne Raff (Youth Leader additional 2015) 2330.00
Joanne Raff (Youth Leader additional 2016) 1100.00
KALC (Good Councillors Guide) 15.29
17. To note the dates of the next Parish Council Meetings:-
Monday, 28th November 2016 at 7.30 p.m (Christmas Meeting with the Mayor of Gravesham).
Monday, 21st November 2016 for Budget and Finance only.
18. Any Other Business.
REMAINING DATES FOR PARISH COUNCIL MEETINGS IN 2016.
Mondays:- 21st November (Budget and Finance only) and 28th November (Christmas Meeting with the Mayor of Gravesham).
DATES FOR PARISH COUNCIL MEETINGS IN 2017.
Mondays:- 16th January, 27th February, 3rd April, 15th May (Annual Parish Council Meeting with Parish Council Meeting), 3rd July, 11th September, 9th October, 20th November (Budget and Finance only) and 27th November (Christmas Meeting with the Mayor of Gravesham).
The Annual Parish Assembly will take place on WEDNESDAY, 12th April 2017.
[ Back to: Top of page | Meeting Dates | Home Page ]
Contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website comments or queries?
Email the Webmaster: Webmaster@higham-kent-pc.gov.uk
Last Revised - 09 October 2016
Web site design and creation by
Copyright © 2005 - 2016 Higham Parish Council