Higham Parish Council
Agenda for the Ordinary Parish Council Meeting, April 2017
[ Back to: Meeting Dates | Home Page ]
The Parish Council will meet at the Memorial Hall, School Lane ME3 7JL on Monday, 10th April 2017 at 7.30 p.m.
Linda M. Carnall
Clerk to the Parish Council.
1. To receive apologies for absence.
2. To update the Register of Members Interests.
3. To receive inspection reports for Parish property and amenities.
4. To confirm and sign the Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on Monday, 6th March 2017.
5. Matters arising from the Minutes.
6. Parishioners' Matters.
7. To receive an update on the Recreation Ground sub-lease.
8. To finalise arrangements for the 2017 Annual Parish Assembly.
9. To discuss judging arrangements for the 2017 Higham Gardens for Pleasure Competition.
10. Lower Thames Crossing update.
11. Village Plan update
12. To receive a report from the Village Roads, Pavements and Lighting Sub Committee.
13. To receive a report from the Allotment Sub Committee.
14. To receive a report on the Media and Communications conference.
15. Review of HPC Sub Committees.
16. To review and approve the risk assessment document.
17. Councillors' Matters: County / Borough / Parish.
a. To note the following planning applications:-
Appln. no. 20170165, Appln. no 20170159, Appln. no. 20170195,
Appln. no. 20170161, Appln. no. 20170213, Appln. no. 20170234,
Appln. no. 20170237, Appln. no. 20170251, Appln. no. 20170040,
Appln. no. 20170278, Appln. no. 20170298.
c. Memorial Hall.
d. Community Development Committee.
e. Parish Environment Committee.
g. Governors of Higham School.
h. Merston Court.
i. Chalk Liaison Group.
j. Rural Housing.
k. Higham Neighbourhood Forum
l. Kent Community Warden.
m. Kent Police.
To endorse and approve the following payments:-
Clerks salary (March net) 1042.92
HMRC (PAYE/NI March) 194.15
KCC (LGPS March) 331.04
Joanne Raff (28/10/16 to 24/11/16) 400.00
Joanne Raff (25/11/16 to 21/12/16) 400.00
Joanne Raff (22/12/16 to 18/1/17) 400.00
Joanne Raff (19/1/17 to 15/2/17) 400.00
Joanne Raff (16/2/17 to 15/3/17) 400.00
MJ Read and Co (LGPS return) 96.00
Clerk (exps for use of room as an office 1/1/17 to 31/3/17) 227.50
Mrs L. Topping (food for APA under Section 150(2) LG Act 1972) 270.00
Ian Porter (talk for APA under Section 150(2)LG Act 1972) 65.00
J.A.Stanley (preparation of 2017 newsletter) 325.00
Clive Stanley (webmaster services from 1/1/17 to 23/3/17) 120.00
KALC (Membership renewal 2017) 1216.92
Sue Sparks (carts for litter picking) 27.00
Gravesham Borough Council (litter picking equipment) 200.00
Peninsular Plumbing (repairs to allotment water system) 78.00
Joanne Raff (16/3/17 to 5/4/17) 300.00
To endorse the changes to the Clerks salary as agreed at the Budget and Finance Meeting.
To increase the provision for the Youth Leaders allowance to £5400
To confirm that charges for allotment rents for 2017/2018 remain unaltered.
21. To note the date of the next Parish Council Meetings:-
Wednesday, 12th April 2017 at 7.30 p.m. Annual Parish Assembly
Monday, 15th May 2017 at 7.30 p.m. Annual Parish Council Meeting with Parish Council Meeting.
22. Any Other Business.
DATES FOR PARISH COUNCIL MEETINGS IN 2017.
Mondays:- 15th May (Annual Parish Council Meeting and Parish Council Meeting), 3rd July, 11th September, 9th October, 20th November (Budget and Finance only) and 27th November (Christmas Meeting with the Mayor of Gravesham).
[ Back to: Top of page | Meeting Dates | Home Page ]
Contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website comments or queries?
Email the Webmaster: Webmaster@higham-kent-pc.gov.uk
Last Revised - 09 April 2017
Web site design and creation by
Copyright © 2005 - 2017 Higham Parish Council