Higham Parish Council
Agenda for the Ordinary Parish Council Meeting, January 2017
[ Back to: Meeting Dates | Home Page ]
The Parish Council will meet at the Memorial Hall, School Lane ME3 7JL on Monday, 16th January 2017 at 7.30 p.m.
Linda M. Carnall
Clerk to the Parish Council.
1. To receive apologies for absence.
2. To update the Register of Members Interests.
3. To receive inspection reports for Parish property and amenities.
4. To confirm and sign the Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on Monday, 28th November 2016.
5. Matters arising from the Minutes.
6. Parishioners' Matters.
7. To receive an update on the Recreation Ground sub-lease.
8. Village Plan update
9. Lower Thames Crossing update
10. To receive a report from the Allotment Sub Committee.
11. To receive a report from the Village Roads, Pavements and Lighting Sub Committee.
12. Annual Parish Newsletter 2017.
13. Councillors' Matters: County / Borough / Parish.
a. To note the following planning applications:-
Appln. no. 20161124, Appln. no. 20161158, Appln. no. 20161176,
Appln. no. 20161192, Appln. no. 20160888, Appln. no. 20161215,
Appln. no. 20161198, Appln. no. 20161073.
c. Memorial Hall.
d. Youth and Community Committee.
e. Parish Environment Committee.
g. Governors of Higham School.
h. Merston Court.
i. Chalk Liaison Group.
j. Rural Housing.
k. Higham Neighbourhood Forum
l. Kent Community Warden.
m. Kent Police.
To endorse and approve the following payments:-
Clerks salary (November) 1042.72
HMRC (PAYE/NI November) 194.35
KCC (LGPS November) 331.04
Exps for use of room as office (1/10/16 to 31/12/16) 227.50
Clerks salary (December) 1042.72
HMRC (PAYE/NI December) 194.35
KCC (LGPS December) 331.04
Joanne Raff (Youth Leader 28/10/16 to 24/11/16) 400.00
Mr M. Papadopulos (HPC Christmas card) 29.99
St. Johns College (quarter rent for R.G.) 750.00
Sue Sparks (Village Plan banners and cards amended figure) 107.55
Sue Sparks (Village Plan prizes) 5.42
Sue Sparks (allotment holders meeting refreshments) 14.08
Singlewell Stationery and Print Ltd. (LTC leaflets) 600.00
Clerk (ink costs LTC) 121.43
Clive Stanley (webmaster services 1/10/16 to 31/12/16) 144.00
Sue Sparks (laminator pouches and carriers) 29.56
Peter Leakey (1000 dog bags) 21.99
Action with Communities in Rural Kent (2017 subscription) 50.00
16. To receive a report from the Budget and Finance Committee Meeting, held on Monday, 9th January 2017.
17 . To consider the effectiveness of the current system of internal control and audit as required under Regulations 4 and 6 of the Accounts and Audit Regulations (2003).
19. To note the date of the next Parish Council Meeting:- Monday, 27th February 2017.
20. Any Other Business.
DATES FOR PARISH COUNCIL MEETINGS IN 2017.
Mondays:- 27th February, 3rd April, 15th May (Annual Parish Council Meeting and Parish Council Meeting), 3rd July, 11th September, 9th October, 20th November (Budget and Finance only) and 27th November (Christmas Meeting with the Mayor of Gravesham).
The Annual Parish Assembly will now be held on WEDNESDAY, 12th April 2017.
[ Back to: Top of page | Meeting Dates | Home Page ]
Contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website comments or queries?
Email the Webmaster: Webmaster@higham-kent-pc.gov.uk
Last Revised - 15 January 2017
Web site design and creation by
Copyright © 2005 - 2017 Higham Parish Council