Higham Parish Council
Agenda for the Annual Parish Council Meeting, May 2017
[ Back to: Meeting Dates | Home Page ]
The Annual Parish Council Meeting will be held at the Vestry Hall, Hermitage Road, on Tuesday, 30th May 2017 at 7.30 p.m., and will be followed by a Parish Council Meeting.
Linda M. Carnall
Clerk to the Parish Council.
1. To elect a Chairman.
2. To receive the signed declaration of acceptance of office form from the Chairman.
3. To elect a Vice Chairman.
4. To elect the following:-
a. Members of the Community Development Committee
b. Members of the Infrastructure Committee.
c. Members of the Executive Management Committee
5. To appoint the following representatives:-
a. 2 representatives for the K.A.L.C.
b. 1 representative for the Memorial Hall Management Committee.
c. 2 representatives for the Local Transport Advisory Committee (also the Village Transport Representatives).
d. 1 representative for Merston Court Day Centre.
e. 2 representatives for G.R.O.W.C.
f. Governing Body of Higham Primary School (CLLR. PEARTON).
g. 2 representatives for the Police Advisory Committee.
h. 2 representatives for the Chalk Liaison Group (now including Lower Thames Crossing).
i. 2 representatives for Rural Housing.
j. 3 representatives for Village Roads, Pavements and Lighting.
k. 11 representatives for Higham Gardens for Pleasure Competition.
6. Vote of thanks to Liz Jeffery for continuing to act as Village Press Correspondent and Parish Council Press Officer.
7. Vote of thanks to Cllr. Papadopulos and Cllr. Carroll for serving refreshments at Parish Council Meetings.
AGENDA. (Ordinary PC Meeting)
1. To adopt standing orders in their present form, including amendments for the Annual Parish
Assembly, financial regulations and delegated powers for the Planning Committee.
2. To receive apologies for absence.
3. To update the Register of Members Interests.
4. To receive inspection reports for Parish property and amenities.
5. To confirm and sign the Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting, held on Monday, 10th April 2017.
6. Matters arising from the Minutes.
7. Parishioners' Matters.
8. Lower Thames Crossing update
9. Village Plan update
10. To receive a report from the Village Roads, Pavements and Lighting Sub Committee
11. To receive a report from the Allotment Sub Committee and to approve the new allotment agreement.
12. To set up a Task and Finish Group to develop a Communications and Social Media Policy.
13. Matters arising from the 2017 Annual Parish Assembly.
14. To finalise arrangements for the 2017 Higham Gardens for Pleasure Competition.
15. To arrange dates for Parish Council Meetings in 2018.
16. To receive an update on the garage at Merston Court.
17. Councillors' Matters: County / Borough / Parish.
a. To note the following planning applications:-
Appln. no. 20170330, Appln. no. 20170271, Appln. no. 20170334,
Appln. no. 20170441, Appln. no. 20170237, Appln. no. 20170353
b. Community Development Committee.
c. Infrastructure Committee.
d. Executive Management Committee.
e. Kent Community Warden.
f. Kent Police.
To endorse and approve the following payments:-
Clerks salary (April net) 1085.54
HMRC (PAYE/NI April) 208.20
KCC (LGPS April) 411.23
Clerk (annual storage rental) 100.00
EDF Energy (electricity for Pavilion) 62.14
British Telecom (broadband) 165.48
SWA (public conveniencies) 58.11
Keith Joblin (photos for Love Higham Day display) 42.50
Mrs J.M.Papadopulos (drink for APA Section 150(2) LG Act 1972) 46.92
CA Traffic Ltd (SID) 1200.00
WEL Medical Ltd. (defibrillator) 1639.50
The Clean Machine Direct Ltd. (litter picking hoops) 80.22
First Aid Warehouse (two sharps containers) 15.68
SSE (electricity for toilets) 19.69
Sue Sparks (rubbish sacks) 10.00
Alan Howard (stopcock for allotments) 41.34
Singlewell Stationery and Print Ltd. (posters) 40.80
Sue Sparks (voucher for competition winner) 10.00
Higham Age Concern (Sect. 137/139 grant) 300.00
RNLI (donation in memory of late Dougall Goring) 50.00
Higham Memorial Hall Association (hall hire for Village Plan meetings) 20.00
Higham with Merston PCC (vestry hall hire for Village Plan meetings) 24.00
Sue Sparks (flip chart) 6.01
Southern Water (allotments) 18.46
AON UK Limited (insurance policy renewal) 1801.58
St. Johns College (quarter year rent for RG) 750.00
21. To discuss the revised date of the next Parish Council Meeting - Monday, 26th June 2017 at 7.30 p.m.
22. Any Other Business.
DATES FOR PARISH COUNCIL MEETINGS IN 2017.
Mondays:- 3rd July, 11th September, 9th October, 20th November (Budget and Finance only) and 27th November (Christmas Meeting with the Mayor of Gravesham).
[ Back to: Top of page | Meeting Dates | Home Page ]
Contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website comments or queries?
Email the Webmaster: Webmaster@higham-kent-pc.gov.uk
Last Revised - 29 May 2017
Web site design and creation by
Copyright © 2005 - 2017 Higham Parish Council