Higham Parish Council
Agenda for the Annual and the Ordinary Parish Council Meeting, May 2018
[ Back to: Meeting Dates | Home Page ]
The Parish Council will meet at the Memorial Hall, School Lane ME3 7JL on Monday, 21st May 2018 at 7.30 p.m.
Linda M. Carnall
Clerk to the Parish Council.
ANNUAL PARISH COUNCIL MEETING.
3. To elect a Vice Chairman.
4. To elect the following:-
a. Chairman and Vice Chairman of the Community Development Committee
b. Chairman and Vice Chairman of the Infrastructure Committee.
c. Chairman and Vice Chairman of the Executive Management Committee
MEMBERS ARE REMINDED THAT THEY MAY ATTEND AS MANY OF THE ABOVE
COMMITTEE MEETINGS AS THEY WISH.
5. To appoint the following representatives:-
a. 2 representatives for the K.A.L.C.
b. 1 representative for the Memorial Hall Management Committee.
c. 2 representatives for the Local Transport Advisory Committee (also the Village Transport
d. 1 representative for Merston Court Day Centre.
e. 2 representatives for G.R.O.W.C.
f. Governing Body of Higham Primary School (CLLR. PEARTON).
g. 2 representatives for the Police Advisory Committee.
h. 2 representatives for the Chalk Liaison Group (now including Lower Thames Crossing).
i. 2 representatives for Rural Housing.
j. 3 representatives for Village Roads, Pavements and Lighting.
k. 11 representatives for Higham Gardens for Pleasure Competition.
6. Vote of thanks to Liz Jeffery for continuing to act as Village Press Correspondent and Parish
Council Press Officer.
7. Vote of thanks to Cllr. Papadopulos and Cllr. Carroll for serving refreshments at Parish Council
PARISH COUNCIL MEETING.
1. To adopt standing orders in their present form, including amendments for the Annual Parish
Assembly, financial regulations and delegated powers for the Planning Committee.
2. To receive apologies for absence.
3. To update the Register of Members Interests.
4. To receive inspection reports for Parish property and amenities.
5. To confirm and sign the Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting, held on Monday, 16th April
6. Matters arising from the Minutes.
7. Parishioners' Matters.
8. Expression of interest as Parish Council Advisor
9. To receive an update on the preparations for the introduction of GDPR
10. To finalise arrangements for the 2018 Higham Gardens for Pleasure Competition.
11 To arrange dates for Parish Council Meetings in 2019.
12. Councillors' Matters: County / Borough / Parish.
a. To note the following planning applications:-
Appln. no. 20180446, Appln. no. 20180420, Appln. no. 20180437,
Appln. no. 20180481, Appln. no. 20180380.
b. Community Development Committee.
c. Infrastructure Committee (REPORT ENCLOSED)
d. Executive Management Committee.
e. Kent Community Warden.
f. Kent Police.
To endorse and approve the following payments:-
Clerks salary (March net) 1085.54
HMRC (PAYE/NI March) 208.20
KCC (LGPS March) 411.23
Clerks salary (April net) 1110.22
HMRC (PAYE/NI April) 208.18
KCC (LGPS April) 419.43
Clerk (exps. use of room as office 1/1/18 to 31/3/18) 227.50
Clerk (annual storage rental) 100.00
British Telecommunications plc (broadband) 170.97
EDF Energy (Pavilion electricity) 62.92
Elizabeth Hart (delivery Local Plan Review flier) 250.00
KALC (subscription 2018) 1248.24
A Stones Throw Design (Love Higham leaflet) 210.00
SSE (electricity for public toilets) 31.91
Elizabeth Jeffery (clerking expenses for Annual Parish Assembly) 50.00
Higham Age Concern (Sect. 137/139 grant) 400.00
MJ Read and Co (preparation of annual accounts/annual return 2018) 624.00
BHIB (insurance renewal premium 2018) 1600.90
Singlewell Stationery and Print Ltd. (2018 newsletter) 1071.00
Singlewell Stationery and Print Ltd. (Village Plan) 564.56
Sue Sparks (Local Plan Review notices) 6.00
Sue Sparks (Local Plan Review signs) 3.90
St. Johns College (quarter year rent for RG due 25/6/18) 750.00
15. To consider the Accounting Statements and Annual Return for Local Councils in England and Wales
for the Year Ended 31st March 2018 as a whole
16. To Approve the Annual Governance Statement (Section 1).
17. To Approve the whole Accounting Statements (Section 2).
18. Chairman to sign the Accounting Statements.
20. To note the dates of the next Parish Council Meetings:-
Monday, 2nd July 2018 at 7.30 p.m.
Monday, 10th September 2018 at 7.30 p.m.
21. Any Other Business.
DATES FOR PARISH COUNCIL MEETINGS IN 2018
Mondays:- 2nd July, 10th September, 15th October, 20th November (Budget and Finance only) and 26th November (Christmas Meeting with the Mayor of Gravesham).
[ Back to: Top of page | Meeting Dates | Home Page ]
Contact us by email: email@example.com
Website comments or queries?
Email the Webmaster: Webmaster@higham-kent-pc.gov.uk
Web site design and creation by
Copyright © 2005 - 2018 Higham Parish Council