Higham Parish Council
Agenda for the Ordinary Parish Council Meeting, October 2018
[ Back to: Meeting Dates | Home Page ]
The Parish Council will meet at the Memorial Hall, School Lane ME3 7JL on Monday, 15th October 2018 at 7.30 p.m.
Linda M. Carnall
Clerk to the Parish Council.
Prior to the commencement of the Meeting there will be Defibrillator Awareness Training to coincide with the Restart a Heart Day on Tuesday, 16th October 2018.
1. To receive apologies for absence.
2. To update the Register of Members Interests.
3. To receive inspection reports for Parish property and amenities.
4. To confirm and sign the Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on Monday, 10th September 2018.
5. Matters arising from the Minutes.
6. Parishioners' Matters.
7. To discuss the forthcoming Public Meeting, regarding the redevelopment of the Nuralite Industrial Estate in Canal Road, to be held on Thursday, 25th October from 6.00 p.m. to 8.00 p.m.
8. Councillors' Matters: County / Borough / Parish.
BREAK FOR REFRESHMENTS
a. To note the following planning applications:-
Appln. no. 20180850, Appln. no. 20171035,
b. Community Development Committee.
* Update on the 5th November firework event
* Update on the Pavilion and Sub Lease
c. Infrastructure Committee
d. Executive Management Committee
* Emergency Planning Meeting
* Proposals for building on land at Higham Station
* Increased vehicle movements in Canal Road and through the village
* Salt storage - bins / garage
* Parish Council Elections 2019
e. Higham Speedwatch
f. Kent Community Warden.
g. Kent Police.
To endorse and approve the following payments:-
Clerks salary (September) 1110.22
KCC (LGPS September) 419.43
HMRC (PAYE/NI September) 208.18
Expenses use of room as office (1/7/18 to 30/9/18) 227.50
Gravesham Borough Council (Pavilion rates Oct/Nov/Dec/Jan)) 984.00
Sue Sparks (expenses Volunteer thank you evening) 70.83
KCC (street lighting columns X 2) 4180.60
Mrs E. Jeffery (VSO expenses) 50.00
Clerk (printer cartridges) 190.88
Clive Stanley (webmaster services 26/6/18 to 30/9/18) 126.75
G. Knight (repairs to Speedwatch cable) 10.00
PKF Littlejohn (2018 Audit) 360.00
Sue Sparks (travel expenses) 25.30
Sue Sparks (Love Higham hosting/domain renewal) 82.68
Phoenix Fireworks Ltd. (balance for firework display) 2880.00
Gravesham Borough Council (first month rent for garage) 49.31
British Telecommunications (broadband) 184.27
11. To receive a report from the Internal Auditor.
13. To note the dates of the next Parish Council Meetings:-
Monday, 19th November 2018 - Parish Council Meeting
Monday, 26th November – Christmas Meeting with the Mayor of Gravesham
Monday, 7th January – Budget and Finance Meeting
14. Any Other Business.
REMAINING DATES FOR PARISH COUNCIL MEETINGS IN 2018
Mondays:- 19th November and 26th November (Christmas Meeting with the Mayor of Gravesham).
DATES FOR PARISH COUNCIL MEETINGS IN 2019
7th January (Budget and Finance), 14th January, 25th February, 8th April, 13th May (Annual Parish Council), 8th July, 9th September, 14th October, 18th November (Budget and Finance only) and 25th November (Christmas Meeting with the Mayor of Gravesham)
Annual Parish Assembly will take place on Thursday, 11th April 2019.
[ Back to: Top of page | Meeting Dates | Home Page ]
Contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website comments or queries?
Email the Webmaster: Webmaster@higham-kent-pc.gov.uk
Web site design and creation by
Copyright © 2005 - 2018 Higham Parish Council