Higham Parish Council
Agenda for the Annual and the Ordinary Parish Council Meeting, May 2019
[ Back to: Meeting Dates | Home Page ]
The Parish Council will meet at the Memorial Hall, School Lane ME3 7JL on Monday, 13th May 2019 at 7.30 p.m.
Linda M. Carnall
Clerk to the Parish Council.
ANNUAL PARISH COUNCIL MEETING.
TO RECEIVE THE SIGNED DECLARATION OF ACCEPTANCE OF OFFICE AND DISCLOSURE OF PECUNIARY INTERESTS FORMS FROM ALL COUNCILLORS PRESENT
1. To elect a Chairman.
2. To receive the signed declaration of acceptance of office form from the Chairman.
3. To elect a Vice Chairman.
4. To receive the signed declaration of acceptance of office form from the Vice Chairman.
5. To elect the following:-
a. Chairman and Vice Chairman of the Community Development Committee
b. Chairman and Vice Chairman of the Infrastructure Committee.
c. Chairman and Vice Chairman of the Executive Management Committee
MEMBERS ARE REMINDED THAT THEY MAY ATTEND AS MANY OF THE ABOVE COMMITTEE MEETINGS AS THEY WISH.
6. To appoint the following representatives:-
a. 2 representatives for the K.A.L.C.
b. 1 representative for the Memorial Hall Management Committee.
c. 2 representatives for the Local Transport Advisory Committee (also the Village Transport Representatives).
d. 1 representative for Merston Court Day Centre.
e. 2 representatives for G.R.O.W.C.
f. Governing Body of Higham Primary School (CLLR. PEARTON).
g. 2 representatives for the Police Advisory Committee.
h. 2 representatives for the Chalk Liaison Group (now including Lower Thames Crossing).
i. 2 representatives for Rural Housing.
j. 3 representatives for Village Roads, Pavements and Lighting.
k. 11 representatives for Higham Gardens for Pleasure Competition.
7. Vote of thanks to Cllr. Jeffery for continuing to act as Village Press Correspondent and Parish Council Press Officer.
8. Vote of thanks to Cllr. Carroll for serving refreshments at Parish Council Meetings.
PARISH COUNCIL MEETING.
1. To adopt standing orders in their present form, including amendments for the Annual Parish Assembly, financial regulations and delegated powers for the Planning Committee.
2. To receive apologies for absence.
3. To update the Register of Members Interests.
4. To receive inspection reports for Parish property and amenities.
5. To confirm and sign the Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting, held on Monday, 8th April 2019.
6. Matters arising from the Minutes.
7. Parishioners' Matters.
8. Retirement Luncheon for Jennifer and Pat.
9. Matters Arising from this years Annual Parish Assembly.
10. To finalise arrangements for the 2019 Higham Gardens for Pleasure Competition.
11 To arrange dates for Parish Council Meetings in 2020.
12. Councillors' Matters: County / Borough / Parish.
a. To note the following planning applications:-
Appln. no. 20190338, Appln. no. 20190358, Appln. no. 20190361,
Appln. no. 20190385, Appln. no. 20190419, Appln. no. 20190392,
Appln. no. 20190405.
b. Community Development Committee.
c. Infrastructure Committee.
d. Executive Management Committee.
e. Higham Speedwatch.
f. Kent Community Warden.
g. Kent Police.
To endorse and approve the following payments:-
Clerks salary (April net) 1150.95
HMRC (PAYE/NI April) 212.62
KCC (LGPS April) 433.52
Gravesham Borough Council (monthly rent for garage at revised rate) 60.35
Gravesham Borough Council (Pavilion 1) 274.68
Gravesham Borough Council (Pavilion 2) 277.00
Clerk (printer cartridges, copier paper, stationery) 336.84
Clerk (donation for late Peter Hart) 50.00
Salvation Army (donation for late Dick Barltrop) 50.00
KCPFA (2019 subscription) 20.00
BHIB Ltd (insurance renewal) 1660.65
R. West (allotment tap repair) 60.00
Gravesham Trophy Centre (retirement gifts X 2) 90.00
Phoenix Fireworks Ltd (deposit for fireworks display) 945.00
Jan Morriss (flowers X 2 for APA) 60.00
Mrs E. Jeffery (drinks for APA under Sec. 150(2) LGA 72) 26.70
British Telecommunications plc (broadband) 181.47
EDF Energy (Pavilion electricity) 355.36
Business Stream (water for toilets) 24.91
KALC (Good Councillors Guide) 49.47
Clerk (annual storage rental) 100.00
Memorial Hall (grant for salt spreader S. 137/139) 189.00
15. Update on part time assistant position.
16. Update on the 2019 Audit.
18. To note the dates of the next Parish Council Meetings:-
Extraordinary Meeting to approve accounts (date to be confirmed)
Monday, 15th July 2019 at 7.30 p.m.
Monday, 10th September 2019 at 7.30 p.m.
19. Any Other Business.
20. If necessary to resolve that:-
“Pursuant to Section 100A(4) of the Local Government Act 1972 that the public be excluded from the following item because it is likely in view of the nature of the business to be transacted that if members of the public are present during this item, there would be disclosure to them of exempt information as defined in Part 1 of Schedule 12A of the Act”.
DATES FOR PARISH COUNCIL MEETINGS IN 2019
Mondays: 15th July, 10th September, 15th October, 20th November (BUDGET?) and 26th November (Christmas Meeting with the Mayor of Gravesham).
[ Back to: Top of page | Meeting Dates | Home Page ]
Contact us by email: email@example.com
Website comments or queries?
Email the Webmaster: Webmaster@higham-kent-pc.gov.uk
Web site design and creation by
Copyright © 2005 - 2018 Higham Parish Council