Higham Parish Council
Agendas for the 2005 Annual Parish Council Meeting and
May 2005 Parish Council Meeting
[ Back to Meeting Dates |Home Page ]
The Annual Parish Council Meeting
will be held at the Memorial Hall, School Lane, Higham on Monday, 9th May 2005
at 7.30 p.m., and will be followed by a Parish Council Meeting.
ANNUAL PARISH COUNCIL MEETING.
1. To elect a Chairman.
2. To receive the signed declaration
of acceptance of office form from the Chairman.
3. To elect a Vice Chairman.
4. To elect the following:-
a. 2 Members of the Allotment Committee.
b. 3 Members of the Recreation Committee.
c. 6 Members of the Planning Committee.
d. 6 Members of the Parish Environment Committee.
e. The Budget and Finance Committee (11 Members).
f. 3 Members of the Parish Newsletter Committee.
g. The Higham Gardens for Pleasure Committee (11 Members).
5. To appoint the following representatives:-
a. 2 representatives for the K.A.P.C.
b. 1 representative for the Memorial Hall Management Committee.
c. 2 representatives for the Local Transport Advisory Committee (also the Village Transport Representatives).
d. 1 representative for Merston Court Day Centre.
e. 2 representatives for G.R.O.W.C.
f. 1 representative for the Multi-Purpose Sports Facility.
g. 2 representatives for the Higham Youth Club.
h. 1 representative for C.P.R.E.
i. 1 representative for the Governing Body of Higham Primary School (CLLR. JAMES)
j. 2 representatives for the Police Advisory Committee.
k. 1 representative to act as Press Officer for the Parish Council.
6. Vote of thanks to Anne Waugh and Anne Carroll for serving refreshments at Parish Council Meetings.
PARISH COUNCIL MEETING.
1. To adopt standing orders in their present form, including amendments for the Annual Parish Assembly, financial regulations and delegated powers for the Planning Committee.
2. To receive apologies for absence.
3. To update the Register of Members Interests.
4. To confirm and sign the Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting, held on Monday, 4th April 2005.
5. Matters arising from the Minutes.
6. Parishioners' Matters.
7. To receive a report on the meeting held by local residents to discuss speed restrictions on the Chalk Road.
8. Matters arising from this year's Annual Parish Assembly.
9. To finalise arrangements for the 2005 Higham Gardens for Pleasure Competition.
10. To further discuss the clearance of unused Parish Council allotment plots.
11. To arrange dates for Parish Council Meetings in 2006.
12. Councillors' Matters: County / Borough / Parish.
a. To note the following planning applications:-
Appln. no. 20050148, Appln. no. 20050215, Appln. no. 20050270,
Appln. no. 20050320, Appln. no. 20050299, Appln. no. 20050308,
Appln. no. 20050323.
c. Memorial Hall.
d. Multi-Purpose Games Area.
e. Recreation Ground.
f. Parish Environment Committee.
h. Governors of Higham School.
i. Merston Court.
j. Higham Youth Club.
k. Chalk Liaison Group.
To endorse the following payments:- (LIST TO FOLLOW)
To approve the following payments:-
Action with Communities in Rural Kent (2005 subscription) 35.00
K.C.P.F.A. (2005 subscription) 15.00
C.P.R.E. (2005 subscription) 25.00
Allianz Cornhill Insurance plc (renewal premium) 900.52
Mrs J.M.Papadopulos (APA costs under Section 150(2) of L.G.Act 1972) 44.20
15. To approve the Annual Return for Local Councils in England and Wales for the year ended 31st
March 2005. (COPY TO FOLLOW WHEN RECEIVED FROM NIGEL WHARTON)
16. Correspondence. (LIST TO FOLLOW)
17. To note the date of the next Parish Council Meeting - Monday, 4th July 2005 at 7.30 p.m.
18. Any Other Business.
[ Back to Meeting Dates |Home Page ]
Contact us by email: email@example.com
Website comments or queries? Email the Webmaster: Webmaster@higham-kent-pc.gov.uk
Last Revised - 19 May 2005
Web site design and creation by
Copyright © Higham Parish Council 2005