Kent County Council Household Waste Recycling Centres – charging policy
Please note that Kent County Council are now charging for the disposal of non-household waste materials . These items include:
- breeze blocks, bricks, cement, concrete and drain pipes
- ceramic bathroom and kitchen items (baths, bidets, cisterns, shower trays, sinks, toilet pans, wash basins)
- flagstones, granite, marble, paving slabs
- hardcore, rubble, gravel, rocks, stones
- tiles (ceramic, clay, slate)
- tyres (charged for since 2012)
This charging policy is consistent across all eighteen of their Household Waste Recycling Centres including Pepper Hill and Cuxton. The charging policy started in early June 2019. These charges have been introduced to recover the cost of dealing with these types of non-household waste while still being able to offer a disposal service. The charges are intended to help KCC achieve critical savings while still maintaining a comprehensive service for residents.
Price details as follows:
Soil, sand and rubble (including ceramic bathroom and kitchen items)
- £4 per bag or item (bag up to the size of a standard black sack), limited to 5 bags (or equivalent) per day.
- Includes: breeze blocks, bricks, cement, concrete, drain pipes, ceramic bathroom and kitchen items (baths, bidets, cisterns, shower trays, sinks, toilet pans, wash basins), flagstones, granite, gravel, hardcore, marble, paving slabs, rocks, rubble, sand, soil, stones and tiles (ceramic, clay, slate).
- Ideally the waste should be brought in bags for ease of disposal, but loose material can be accepted.
- These materials must be placed in the soil, rubble and hardcore recycling area.
- Before disposing of tiles with plasterboard on, please separate them. If this is not possible, please talk to a member of staff.
- £6 per bag or sheet of plasterboard (bag up to the size of a standard black sack).
- Plasterboard must be placed in the designated plasterboard recycling area.
- £2.50 per tyre (car and motorbike tyres), limited to 5 tyres per visit. Commercial tyres will not be accepted.
- Tyres must be placed in the designated recycling area.
- We have charged for domestic tyres since 2012.
Payment will be by card only and there will be a dedicated member of staff to assist customers when they arrive at site with chargeable waste items. You can request a VAT receipt by asking a member of the site staff.