We thought that you might like an update on what Higham Help – Coronavirus (COVID-19) have been doing in the village to support the elderly and vulnerable during the COVID-19 pandemic. Matt Joblin from Higham Help – Coronavirus (COVID-19) has sent us this:
“We’ve set up this crowdfunding page to look after our elderly, vulnerable and those at higher risk of coronavirus in our village during the pandemic.
Staying at home and away from other people (social distancing) presents a lot of challenges for the elderly, vulnerable and those at higher risk.
We intend to support them in overcoming these challenges, enabling them to stay safe at home and stop the infection spreading by shopping for their basic necessities (food and medicine) providing anti bacterial soaps, hand sanitiser, tissues, toilet paper FREE of CHARGE.”
Matt Joblin, Higham Help
1) We’ve fundraised £1885 via Just Giving (as of 11th May 2020)
2) Ensured we have 100% of the village covered by 35+ volunteers to pick up shopping/urgent medical supplies, friendly phone calls and posting letters paying bills etc
3) Have produced and distributed 150+ Essential Kits painted by local chidren in the village for elderly, vulnerable, pregnant, those at increased risk inc soaps, antibac, hand sanitizer, tissues, toilet paper disinfectant etc partnering up with Hayleys of Higham and The Village Greengrocers of Higham for delivery/ logistics
4) Bottled and distributed Alcohol Hand Sanitizer FREE of charge to the most vulnerable and fitted dispensers in all local shops and sheltered housing entry/exit points
5) Launched a FREE library for ALL to use at Hayleys of Higham
6) Developed NEW kits to keep an active mind with books, crosswords, sudoku, jigsaws, painting, DVD’s
7) Easter cards designed and delivered by Nick Harvey with all proceeds going towards supporting the elderly/ vulnerable
8) Cards designed by village artists based on their favourite places in Higham – all proceeds once again to support elderly/vulnerable – special edition 1 created for Captain Toms birthday
9) Sunflower seed grow kits for approx 150+ people in the village to plant where everyone can see on their permitted daily excercise to promote an active body and mind – Kits are also supplied to the elderly and vulnerable to keep them physically active and grow at home – create a community excercise everyone can get involved in
10) Disinfect and sanitize all comunual entrance/exit points in sheltered housing
11) Record and produce Vic Bailey (Local Musician) CD with all proceeds going towards helping the elderly/vulnerable
12) Working with Anisa on new concept NHS Sunday FREE Biryani for ALL NHS workers living in Higham
We would like to continue the valuable work we’re doing in the village and would appreciate your support our Just Giving page details are below
This is such a fantastic achievement and ashows what a real sense of community we have here in Higham. To further support Matt and his team of volunteers, Higham Parish Council have donated £1000 to Higham Help to help in their work across the village.
Thank you for your continued support.
Higham Parish Council