FOR INFO: Notice of Landowner Deposit Statement

The following statements have been spotted across various locations in the village including hermitage Lane and the Recreation ground.

Higham Parish Council would like to clarify what the document means.

This is to do with landowner protection – in this case St John’s College. Depositing a statement and map means they are letting KCC know about existing public rights of way across their land and declaring they have no intention to dedicate any further routes to the public.
Find out more here on the KCC website:

Higham Parish Council

FOR INFO: Play areas in Higham are re-opening

Playgrounds are re-opening – and here’s what parents need to know

From Saturday 4th July, childrens’ outdoor playgrounds are being allowed to re-open in many parts of the UK, after a long closure due to coronavirus. And that’s wonderful news for all of us with children who’ve been missing the slides and swings and climbing frames in our local park.

What date are children’s playgrounds opening?

  • In England, playgrounds can open from Saturday 4th July

When my local children’s playground opens, what safety precautions do I need to take?

The Register of Play Inspectors International (RPII) is particularly keen to for parents to be careful of any playground features that may have been secured to put them out of use. They recommend that you do not unravel any swing seats or cables that have been secured to put them out of use. This is something that must be done safely by the playground’s owner or operator. Higham Parish Council will ensure that all play areas are ready for use on the 4th July.

Other important safety tips include:

  • Follow the current social-distancing guidelines when you’re in the playground. and encourage your children to do the same.
  • If the playground is busy, consider coming back at a later time. Talk to your children about this possibility before you set out.
  • Wash your hands and your childrens’ hands before and after visiting the playground.
  • Take hand-sanitiser with you and consider taking a bottle of water too to clean your childrens’ hands if they get covered in mud or sand. Ensure your children are using hand-sanitiser frequently.

Thank you for your continued support.

Higham Parish Council

Reporting an abandoned vehicle

An abandoned vehicle is a vehicle which doesn’t have a known owner. Issues with abandoned or illegally parked vehicles are dealt with by different agencies. Please read the information on the Gravesham Borough Council website to determine who you should contact and then follow their link to report an abandoned vehicle online:

Report an abandoned vehicle

The Parish Council

Report a problem on a right of way

You can report non-urgent issues online including:

  • broken stiles
  • overgrown vegetation or fallen trees
  • damaged or dangerous path surfaces
  • damaged or missing signposts.

Please submit a separate report for each individual problem. This helps us to identify and inspect the correct location and update you on progress more accurately.

Report a problem with a Right of Way

The Parish Council