FOR INFO: Notice of Landowner Deposit Statement

The following statements have been spotted across various locations in the village including hermitage Lane and the Recreation ground.

Higham Parish Council would like to clarify what the document means.

This is to do with landowner protection – in this case St John’s College. Depositing a statement and map means they are letting KCC know about existing public rights of way across their land and declaring they have no intention to dedicate any further routes to the public.
Find out more here on the KCC website:

Higham Parish Council

Reporting an abandoned vehicle

An abandoned vehicle is a vehicle which doesn’t have a known owner. Issues with abandoned or illegally parked vehicles are dealt with by different agencies. Please read the information on the Gravesham Borough Council website to determine who you should contact and then follow their link to report an abandoned vehicle online:

Report an abandoned vehicle

The Parish Council

Report a problem on a right of way

You can report non-urgent issues online including:

  • broken stiles
  • overgrown vegetation or fallen trees
  • damaged or dangerous path surfaces
  • damaged or missing signposts.

Please submit a separate report for each individual problem. This helps us to identify and inspect the correct location and update you on progress more accurately.

Report a problem with a Right of Way

The Parish Council

Report a problem on a road or pavement to KCC Highways

Have you noticed a pothole? A dangerous pavement? A faulty street light? Here is our guide on how to report these issues directly to Kent County Council Highways Division.

You can report non-urgent issues online including:

  • street light faults
  • potholes
  • drainage
  • traffic signal faults
  • overgrown vegetation (including hedges and grass).

You can plot issues using a map or a non-map based address lookup. If you have any visual impairments or use a screen reader, we would recommend using the address lookup.

Report an issue using the following link:

KCC Highways - Report a problem

Problems that KCC Highways do not manage so you will need to contact:

To report any emergency issues to KCC Highways outside of normal office hours (Monday – Friday, 9am till 5pm), please telephone 03000 41 91 91.

The Parish Council